What Are You Watching Now? - 2016

Athena

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My favourite 3 shows in 2015 (dramas) were The Bridge, Wolf Hall and Poldark, with the Bake Off as my favourite entertainment show (and Strictly of course).  I also enjoyed Witnesses (French crime drama).

Nothing yet as we went to the cinema and I have only just sat down after dinner, now my youngest is on the PS4 so I get some computer time, I don't think there is much on this evening I want to watch anyway. My daughter has a friend here for a few days, otherwise we would no doubt watch a couple of episodes of Grey's Anatomy, maybe tomorrow! :)

We have been catching up with last years Blacklist which is so good, and we have nearly finished this latest series or the ones they have shown anyway.  I love it when Red tells his stories. Makes me laugh.

Currently working my way through Star Wars: The Clone Wars tv series on blu-ray (if only the prequel movies had been as good!) and season 2 of Rebels on Sky (nowhere near as good as The Clone Wars but it's definitely improved this season) . . .

especially since Darth Vader turned up

War and Peace starts here in Oz in a week or so and I will watch it but was interested to read that the scriptwriter added the sex scenes and the reference to incest from his own imagination. Why do they feel this is necessary - it's insulting to intelligent viewers who you would think would be the main audience for this.

There is so little good stuff ( ie - programs that appeal to us) on free to air that we mainly watch either pay TV or old programs and movies via YouTube on our big TV.

I've decided to start re-watching The Walking Dead from the first season. It's been quite a while since I last saw the first episodes. I'd completely forgotten that they showed how Rick ended up in the hospital in the first place.

Watched the And then they were none mini series. It was pretty good and had plenty of atmosphere but I was a bit disappointed they went with the play style ending.

It seems a bit 'bond villainesque' to me. I remember when I read the book and I was like 'what the f...? So who the hell did it?' And then you get to the message in the bottle epilogue (or something like that anyway - it's been many years since I read it), and the slow reveal which is so satisfying.

I've been working my way through the tv series of Mrs Brown's Boys, still got this New Year's special to watch too. On a MBB binge lately - reading the book series too and last night I got Mrs Brown's Family Handbook. :roll: