The Last Film You Saw - 2016

Athena

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We watched Star Wars: The Force Awakens again on Saturday night, and then all the extras on the blu-ray on Sunday evening!  I loved all the extras, but most were around 10 minutes long (e.g. one on the score, one on creating the alien creatures, one on creating BB-8) and I'd have happily sat and watched an hour on each of the subjects.

I finally got to watch Deadpool last night. Excellent movie. :D Lots of great jokes, and I loved the 4th wall nod to Ferris Bueller at the end. :D

I also watched about half of The Grand Budapest Hotel before falling asleep (not the movie's fault—I've seen it before and loved it). So I'll have to finish that one today.

Once Upon A Time In The West. I liked the story but didn't like the bad guy Henry Fonda, closely followed by not liking the good guy Charles Bronson either, who was almost as wooden and lifeless as Fonda. Fonda got a bit less rigid as the film went on but I felt let down by both their performances. Claudia Cardinale and Jason Robards were both excellent though.  This was supposed to be Sergio Leone's  masterpiece. The film was a bit of a fantasy, but took itself too seriously: for me it doesn't come up to the level of The Good The Bad And The Ugly.

Two? He's twice the awesome guy I thought he was :lol: 

I saw 'The Danish Girl' this afternoon. It's a really interesting film and superbly acted.

Do you think you will read the book? :) 

Cake, with Jennifer Aniston. I was surprised to see her in an indie film, and even more surprised to see her in a non glam role. I actually thought it was very good.

Wow, I never figured her to be an indie film actress. Cool :) 

I've not watched any movies since my last post on here... This will change in the next few days as I will 'have' to go and watch a movie as I have a free ticket :smile2: 

Wow, I never figured her to be an indie film actress. Cool :)

Actors/actresses make indie films when their careers are on the way up or when they are on the way down. :giggle2:  

I saw Avengers - Age Of Ultron yesterday. Good fun, although I get that I have missed some bits of the ongoing Marvel story by not having seen the Captain America, Thor & Iron Man films. I'll get to them eventually.  :smile:

I saw The Homesman a different kind of western with Tommy Lee Jones and Hilary Sfiddle. It was very poignant and sad.

Edit:  Lol the automatic naughty word correction has changed the actress's name. It is not  Hilary Sfiddle but Hilary S-W-A-N-K.

Edited by vodkafan

I trudged through Meek's Cutoff.  I was unsatisfied by the highly ambiguous ending , but going by reviews I see that everybody is. I suspect I will trade this one in, not because it is not a good film in some ways, but because it is one of those films that now I have seen it I will always know the ending and there is never a need to watch it again.

I went to the cinema and watched Song of the Sea, directed by Tomm Moore. The simple adventure brought together a beautiful animation with interesting folktales and surprisingly nuanced characters for a children's film. I liked it quite a bit, and the singer had a nice voice.

I went to the cinema and watched Song of the Sea, directed by Tomm Moore. The simple adventure brought together a beautiful animation with interesting folktales and surprisingly nuanced characters for a children's film. I liked it quite a bit, and the singer had a nice voice.

Must check this one out thanks!

That one I've not seen. But I like Jim Carrey in pretty much anything :giggle2:

Did you see Liar, Liar? I'm not big on comedies, but Liar, Liar was lol funny!