The Last Film You Saw - 2016

Athena

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last film we saw, which was last Friday was I, Kevin Blake. If you haven't seen it then I strongly recommend that you do. It's the sort of thing that everyone should see, although you won't leave with dry eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the first 10 minutes of Mr. Right last night and that's about all I could stomach!  I really like Sam Rockwell too, so I was disappointed I couldn't watch more.  The night before that we watched the original Cheaper by the Dozen with Myrna Loy and Clifton Webb.  I love that film and never get tired of watching it :D.

I hate it when that happens, peacefield.  I'd not heard of the film, but I've just looked it up, as like you, I like Sam Rockwell and I love Anna Kendrick too.  What was so bad about it?

I love the original Cheaper By The Dozen too!  Myrna Loy was great, wasn't she - I love her in Mr Blandings Builds His Dream House. :smile2:

Watched Krampus the other day, the comedy Christmas horror that came out last year. it was surprisingly enjoyable! It flailed wildly between actual horror and comedy horror, which meant it was a pretty bizzare mash-up of tones. I loved the actual design of Krampus himself.

I hate it when that happens, peacefield.  I'd not heard of the film, but I've just looked it up, as like you, I like Sam Rockwell and I love Anna Kendrick too.  What was so bad about it?

I love the original Cheaper By The Dozen too!  Myrna Loy was great, wasn't she - I love her in Mr Blandings Builds His Dream House. :smile2:

I like Anna Kendrick too, Chesil, but her character was really annoying for some reason.  She was very erratic and hyper, almost.  I should try and continue to watch it, maybe she'll grow on me.  

I love Mr. Blandings!  And you can never go wrong with Cary Grant ;)

I like Anna Kendrick too, Chesil, but her character was really annoying for some reason.  She was very erratic and hyper, almost.  I should try and continue to watch it, maybe she'll grow on me.  

I love Mr. Blandings!  And you can never go wrong with Cary Grant ;)

I love Cary Grant :) he is one of my all time favourites.

Another vote for Myrna Loy ! ;) Love Crazy is one of my favourites, as well as Mr Blandings and all the Thin Man films. :D

I now have Netflix, and the flu, so I'm going to be watching stuff :D The very first movie I watched on Netflix was New in Town. I immediately knew I had to watch it when I saw it on the list. Hello Minnesota and Harry Connick, Jr :giggle2:  Peacefield, it made me think of you! :D

Edit: It made me want to start scrapbooking :D 

Edited by frankie

I now have Netflix, and the flu, so I'm going to be watching stuff :D The very first movie I watched on Netflix was New in Town. I immediately knew I had to watch it when I saw it on the list. Hello Minnesota and Harry Connick, Jr :giggle2:  Peacefield, it made me think of you! :D

Edit: It made me want to start scrapbooking :D

As with any Hollywood-made film about Minnesota, Frankie, remember we're not ALL like that ;):lol:

I haven't watched a film lately, but I did watch an episode of The West Wing last night and the latest episode of Westworld.  Is anyone able to get that show elsewhere in the world yet?  I love it and can't get enough! 

As with any Hollywood-made film about Minnesota, Frankie, remember we're not ALL like that ;):lol:

What, you're not all warm, friendly, loving and generous? :unsure: Or sexy firemen? :D   :friends3:   The winter in the movie made me wish for snow over here. We had some for a while but then it melted. Sigh. It's dark and depressing now! 

What, you're not all warm, friendly, loving and generous? :unsure: Or sexy firemen? :D   :friends3:   The winter in the movie made me wish for snow over here. We had some for a while but then it melted. Sigh. It's dark and depressing now! 

Well, yes, those qualities we have in abundance ;).  But we don't all say "you betcha" and "oh, yaahh?" all the time :lol:

Ugh, you can come take my place, Frankie, and I'll go somewhere warm.  We have about 18" on the ground now (45cm) and I've already had enough!  I need rescuing!

Went to see Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them on Tuesday, and thought it was really good.  Lovely to see a film with the magic of Harry Potter but with a whole new set of characters in a different location, and one I didn't know the how the story ended before I even started watching the film!

Went to see Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them on Tuesday, and thought it was really good.  Lovely to see a film with the magic of Harry Potter but with a whole new set of characters in a different location, and one I didn't know the how the story ended before I even started watching the film!

I went to see it last night. I think I liked it. It was weird knowing it was an HP movie yet only recognizing two names, Newt and Grenelwhastshisname. Loved the beasts!

Well, yes, those qualities we have in abundance ;).  But we don't all say "you betcha" and "oh, yaahh?" all the time :lol:

:D Of course you don't! I think it's quite obvious that they've made some of the female characters (and some men, too) into very stereotypical characters :)  Don't worry!  :friends3:   

Ugh, you can come take my place, Frankie, and I'll go somewhere warm.  We have about 18" on the ground now (45cm) and I've already had enough!  I need rescuing!

45cm snow?!? Is that usual for you guys at this early stage of winter?? Bloody hell... I think nowadays we are lucky here in Finland if we get 45cm at any moment during winter. Well, maybe not where I come from... But Helsinki is a no-snow fest usually throughout the winter. I'm not accustomed to it... So it was so odd to have proper snow in October! Loved it! But now it's gone. It's so dark :( 

Could you recommend any other Minnesota movies, by the way? I still think of Brenda and Brandon Walsh when Minnesota is mentioned, and I know loads of Finns migrated to Minnesota back in the day :)

Edit: Random fact about Minnesota (have I told you before?): 'minne' is 'where (to)' in Finnish, and 'sota' means 'war' in Finnish. So Minnesota would be understood as 'where is the war going to hit' / 'where are we going to wage a war'. Curious! 

Edited by frankie