The Last Film You Saw - 2016

Athena

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Heat again after 12 years or so. It's still so damn good and it still has one of the best shoot-out scenes in any movie. I wish De Niro and Pacino would team up again and make a similar movie. 

Heat is brilliant. Totally agree with you about the shoot-out scene. I saw it at the cinema and the sound was just mind-blowing.

I went to see Bridget Jones's Baby in the movies with friends. I think it's the first movie series ever whose each movie I've initially watched in the movies and not on TV. I thought this third BJ movie was way better than the second one! I loved how Bridget had grown up a bit and was more relaxed and not as ditzy... :D  And the movie was so funny! :smile2: Loved it!!

The Girl On The Train 2016
Soooo good!!!! I have not read the book yet. Probably not the best thing to do but I really enjoyed the film.

I totally want to see this movie! I'd recommend the book, although of course you know the story by now. But it's still a good one, I reckon :) 

I went to see Bridget Jones's Baby in the movies with friends. I think it's the first movie series ever whose each movie I've initially watched in the movies and not on TV. I thought this third BJ movie was way better than the second one! I loved how Bridget had grown up a bit and was more relaxed and not as ditzy... :D  And the movie was so funny! :smile2: Loved it!!

This is great to hear! I plan to get it on DVD when it's out, as I don't do well with the crowds and loudness at the movies.

I finally finished watching The Mortal Instruments (City of Bones) movie, it was OK.  Started watching the first Hobbit movie, which is a bit of a mess, part Disney, part LotR, part tedious (I skipped those bits), about an hour in and not that impressed.

I finally finished watching The Mortal Instruments (City of Bones) movie, it was OK.  Started watching the first Hobbit movie, which is a bit of a mess, part Disney, part LotR, part tedious (I skipped those bits), about an hour in and not that impressed.

And that's just the first one....

I've heard The Mortal Instruments books are a lot better than the movie.

I much prefer the LotR movies over the Hobbit movies, they were much better.

Just back from watching Miss Peregrine with my Mum...it was nothing like the book!! Pretty good though. :)

I'm glad to hear it was good despite it being not like the book. I haven't read the book yet (nor seen the movie) but I do plan on doing so.

I just watched "Unknown Identity" with Liam Neeson and I actually really liked it.....also because it's set in Berlin :D . The last film I watched in the cinema was "Don't Breath" and it was also really good. Both of them were very fast-paced and action-packed. 

I think Mortal Instruments has gone to a TV series now, must admit some of the casting was a bit iffy.

I hated the TV show and was only able to watch like 2 episodes. The acting was horrible and as you metioned the actors were absolutely miscast. Such a waste....I actually really loved the books.

I saw Nightmare Before Christmas last night. It's been my favourite Halloween movie for the past 20 years. I usually stay up all night during Halloween and look at horror movies, Poltergeist, Nightmare on Elm Street and Nosferatu being must sees, but this year I wen to bed early instead.