The Flash S2/ Arrow S4

Little Pixie

I thought 'our' Wells died in the car accident caused by Eobard Thawne, who then took his place.  I think Earth 2 is a parallel world, rather than an alternate timeline  :unsure:

Thanks - you`ve tried to explain that to me before.  :blush2:  :giggle2:

I`m now going for Barry`s double on Earth2, aaka, Bad Barry. :smile:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I`m now going for Barry`s double on Earth2, aaka, Bad Barry. :smile:

I have no idea who Zoom is, but I've been thinking it's Eddie :unsure:  Those Thawnes are a bad bunch  :giggle2:   From what I've heard, it's going to be someone different from the person in the comics :shrug:

I had problems with Constantine`s accent at first - just me ? 

I didn't have a problem with it :lol:  I've never seen the Constantine tv series and probably never will now it's been cancelled.  I liked that they got the same actor to play the role, though.  Wonder if we'll see him again.

I haven't read the posts here so as not to spoil anything for myself, but I'm about 11 episodes into season 1 of The Flash, having just started it recently. It's great! :D I got a little confused when Felicity and the Arrow showed up because I didn't know about the other show, but now I realise there's a bit of crossover. Should I be watching Arrow and The Flash episodes in any particular order? I mean, should I have started watching Arrow first? I have to say, from the snippets of the Arrow characters that I've seen, I think I'm really going to enjoy Arrow too. :)

Yay, glad you're enjoying it  :smile:  Would you rather we went back to using spoiler tags? :unsure:

Arrow normally airs after The Flash each week, so it's best to watch The Flash eps before the Arrow eps.  The crossover episodes are definitely designed to work that way, and there have been a few cameo appearances between each series, too.  

Re Arrow, it had a really shaky start, IMO, but began to get into its stride in the latter stages of season 1.  Season 2 was great fun, and is worth watching because it featured Barry Allen in a couple of episodes, almost like pilot episodes for The Flash.  At the time I first saw them I had no idea who he was, or that there was going to be a series of The Flash :lol:

Also, once you're up to date, another spin-off series begins in January, called Legends of the Future  :smile:

Just to note, cos I don't think we've ever mentioned this, the guy playing Barry's father, John Wesley Shipp, played Barry Allen/The Flash in the previous tv series made in the 1990s . . . 

:giggle2:

ETA: Hmm, didn't make that very clear . . .  seasons 1 and 2 of Arrow ran prior to the start of The Flash, so season 1 of The Flash and season 3 of Arrow are the first ones that ran alongside each other.

Edited by Karsa Orlong

No, no need to use spoiler tags on my account. :) I'll avoid the earlier part of the thread until I've caught up.

Cool info about Barry's father. I only know him as Dawson's dad on Dawson's Creek. :D

Thanks for the info on the order of the shows. I might stop watching The Flash for now and watch the first couple of seasons of Arrow. Then I can watch them roughly in the order they aired. :)

Goodness, it's hard keeping up with all of the superhero shows! I saw that you enjoyed the first episodes of Jessica Jones. I love the actor who plays JJ, so I'm really looking forward to watching that as well.

Cool info about Barry's father. I only know him as Dawson's dad on Dawson's Creek. :D

I knew I'd seen him somewhere before :lol:

Thanks for the info on the order of the shows. I might stop watching The Flash for now and watch the first couple of seasons of Arrow. Then I can watch them roughly in the order they aired. :)

The good thing about that is that you already know how good The Flash is, so the first season of Arrow shouldn't put you off  :giggle2:

Goodness, it's hard keeping up with all of the superhero shows!

Tell me about it! :lol: And I haven't even looked at Daredevil yet . . .

I saw that you enjoyed the first episodes of Jessica Jones.

Yeah, I'm really liking it.  It's got this very understated, noir-ish approach, with a feeling of paranoia running through it.  It really grabbed hold at the end of the first episode.

The good thing about that is that you already know how good The Flash is, so the first season of Arrow shouldn't put you off  :giggle2:

Exactly ! Kylie, I gave up on Arrow just before it got good.  :doh: Now that I`m watching The Flash - and watching Arrow again, I think that Arrow is even better than The Flash:smile:

So, do stick with Arrow, even with all the ` Oliver removes shirt to distract audience from plot` moments.  :giggle2:

That's just crazy talk! :o

Dude ! Team Oliver !   :giggle2:

It surprised me too - I think it`s the Lance/Oliver on-off bromance, and Paul Blackthorne`s been just excellent ( makes me think about getting out My Dresden Files boxset  :smile: ). 

Just saw this - off topic - FNL the Musical.   :blink:

Dude ! Team Oliver !   :giggle2:

It surprised me too - I think it`s the Lance/Oliver on-off bromance, and Paul Blackthorne`s been just excellent ( makes me think about getting out My Dresden Files boxset  :smile: ).

On all the forums I frequent I think you're the first person I've seen say they prefer Arrow to The Flash :lol:

Just saw this - off topic - FNL the Musical.   :blink:

Funny, when I watched the series I kept thinking 'What this needs is songs!' :o:giggle2:

Also, once you're up to date, another spin-off series begins in January, called Legends of the Future  :smile:

Legends of Tomorrow :doh:  :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7LlmaFg0lw

Looks GREAT! :D

Also, Flash/Arrow crossover event next week :exc:

Still got last week`s Arrow to watch, but.. 

The Flash 2 x 07

Barry makes miracle recovery ! Hurrah !  :D

Aw, a Planet of the Apes bit at the end - shame they didn`t show a Mrs Grodd wearing lipstick and a little hair bow.  :smile:

It didn`t take long for Cisko`s coffee shop lady to be revealed... 

Edited by Little Pixie

• 2 weeks later...

Arrow 4 x 06  

Chatty Cathy.  :giggle2:

Felicity`s Mum`s back ! And she`s meeting Cap`n Lance ! I can hear the dulcet tones of Barry White already.  :giggle:

At the end, I thought Oliver was reading a book, but it looked more like a Journal - is topless journalling a thing now ?!   " Dear Diary. My abs looked really good today...." 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...