Strictly Come Dancing

poppyshake

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes she was great wasn't she?  Can't wait for Danny's next week.  Wasn't surprised at who got voted off, probably one of the weakest dancers this week, and although the other person probably shouldn't have been in the dance off, they do seem to be rather inconsistent.  And I thought Gianni's extra twirling in their dance was showing off a bit, the focus should be on the celeb contestant, something which Oti did beautifully when she let Danny have a solo spot in their dance, what an unselfish dancer she is.  And Ed has improved quite a bit hasn't he? 

From week one we have been saying Ed will go home this week but to be honest he is such fun to watch, ok he isn't the best dancer but he brings something to the programme each week.  I don't think his wife knows what is going on as she cannot believe it either by the look on her face.

I think Giovanni's showing off was the same as Brendan last week, no need for it.  One of the judges did point out about his excessive twirling.

Anyone see it last night?  At the moment I'm trying to choose one word to describe Ed's "dance" - it's a close contest between my first thought "grotesque" and my later one of "indescribable".  At one point I wondered if he was going to make it to the end of the routine.

Well to say I could not believe his dance is an understatement, once I heard that everyone was watching his dance on you tube  I knew there was no chance he was going home.

Wasent happy when I say Danny Mac which looked like he snubbed his partner just before the scores came in but it definitely looked like he wanted to be anywhere else than there, so I forgave him that.

I keep saying that I love Louise and watching her dance with Kevin.  Wow have to say Daisy has such long legs they went on for ever.

Yes Daisy's legs are incredible aren't they, in fact she seemed to be having a bit of  a problem knowing what to do with them on Saturday!  A shame she went as she's not a bad dancer, just not as good as the others, and I thought that Greg was much better in the dance off, he's tall isn't he!

I think the final will be Danny, Ore and either Louise or Claudia in the last three.  Although the Judge has improved a lot, he could be a surprise, thought he was very sweet this weekend, and the look on his face when Tess was reading out who would be in the dance off was priceless, I thought he was going to faint at one point!

Bless his heart I do love watching Judge Rinder and his facial expressions.  Almost missed them this week, I think it would have hurt him if he had gone home though with his grand parents being in the audience.

Claudia is a lovely dancer but has she got any better or is she levelling out do you think.

Yes you're right, she could hit a plateau, but she does seem fairly consistent, and if she keeps being as good as she is then she should get to the final.

The Judge does improve week to week, his facial expressions are priceless and I love how he gives as good as he gets from the judges (ie Craig!), but I think he's been one of the surprises of the show, and he manages to be entertaining at the same time.

Ed's dance was definitely a sight to behold.  :giggle2:

It was a shame that Daisy went, but she has been in the bottom three lots now so she's clearly not one of the public's faves and it could have only been one of her, Greg (who did much better in the dance-off), Ed (who wasn't going to go after that dance) and Judge Rinder (which I kinda felt would be unfortunate as his grandparents were in the audience) to go, if there wasn't to be a shock entrant in the dance-off.

I'm enjoying this series.  I think it's a shame Daisy didn't seem to get the public behind her, but apart from Ed, I did think her dance was the weakest on Saturday, and much preferred Greg's paso, and he definitely improved in the dance off.

Assuming they don't change the format for the final, after losing Will Young we should end up with a three couple final, and I can't see Danny and Louise not getting there.  Personally, I think it'll be a toss-up between Ore and Claudia to join them.

While I love Blackpool Tower Ballroom, I'm not a fan of all the themes, sets and extra dancers they employ for it nowadays, and I've already heard Greg talking about the "extras" for their dance this weekend, but I'm hoping they're not too distracting.  I'm thinking of doing a blog post all about the previous Strictly trips to Blackpool before Saturday, just to remind myself of them all, and think about where the judges might go with their scoring! :D

Well to say I could not believe his dance is an understatement, once I heard that everyone was watching his dance on you tube  I knew there was no chance he was going home.

Wasent happy when I say Danny Mac which looked like he snubbed his partner just before the scores came in but it definitely looked like he wanted to be anywhere else than there, so I forgave him that.

I keep saying that I love Louise and watching her dance with Kevin.  Wow have to say Daisy has such long legs they went on for ever.

I think Danny was just trying to keep it together ... I read his Dad had a heart attack last week :(

It's a tight competition, there's no one I want to see go except perhaps Judge Rinder ... not really enjoying his faces and only really enjoyed his first dance. I'm finding Ed entertaining ... he's the worst dancer obviously but often the most compelling especially during those weeks when some of the better dancers underperform .. and there's been a few of them so far.

Danny's AT was a bit frantic but what else could you do to that music? Bizarre choice, all the celebs should get trad music .. like Louise the week before. Greg was the better dancer in the d/o .. glad he stayed.

Really liking Claudia ... hope her and Danny make the final.

Very worried about Blackpool .. all the props and extra dancers. All the bloomin' faffing abaht! Cringe city. Hope we get another Ed classic though! :D

I was SO glad both Ed and Judge Rinder went safely through - I love watching both of them. Danny's AT was the highlight of the show for me - I'm not even kidding when I say that at night, I dream of dancing with him!!!

The dance off result, I think Daisy new she was going to be in the dance off again - the public just haven't taken to her like the others - and when she realised she was up against Greg, all the fight just seemed to go out of her. She looked like she was doing a walk-through of her routine in the dance off, whereas Greg pulled out all the stops and really nailed it - it was very clear he was hungry for it!

I think this will be Ed's last week, and probably rightly so, but he has shown such improvement over the weeks and I love watching him dance - he's always so entertaining and he throws himself into it all, heart and soul. He might find himself up against Louise, as overall, I think she's plateaued a bit and Judge Rinder is so wildly popular, being such a character, that she seems bland by comparison.

I'd love to see a final with Danny, Ore and Greg in it - wouldn't that be a turn up for the books? An all-male final? Overall though, I want Danny to win - I think he's an amazing dancer, and my jaw just hits the floor every time he moves. I think the judges don't score him fairly, though - he's consistently the best dancer (I think there has only been one, possibly two, weeks where he wasn't the absolute best by far), and yet they score the others more highly. I mean, Ore got tens before Danny did, and Danny had absolutely blown everyone off the floor the week before. Where were Danny's tens?!

Either way, this has been a cracking season so far and I'm very excited to see who ends up in the final!

I agree about Danny, he should have got more 10s and has been superb from the very first show; a few minor mistakes, mainly in that foxtrot, but he's still the best dancer by a mile.  I can see it being an all  guy final too, but suspect it will be him, Ore, and either Louise or Claudia.  Greg danced much better in the dance off but he is a bit inconsistent and I can't really see him in the final, likewise the judge and don't even talk to me about Ed!

I also agree about the Blackpool dances being extra fussy, I think we said the same last year.  Should be entertaining though.

I share your fantasy Kell ;) , and look forward to seeing him dance every week, he could easily be a professional.  Ore's jive was fabulous but he's also a bit inconsistent, although he is a good dancer and if he does get to the final it's possible that his show dance could win it for him.

What did everyone think of Blackpool?  I loved the opening routine with everyone, and Danny's Charleston!  That cartwheel, how was that humanly possible?  I also liked Louise's routine - gorgeous costume, but what was the music meant to be, it was all over the place.  I also liked Judge Rinder's  salsa, after a horrible start I thought it was doomed, but he picked it up and did brilliantly, his enthusiasm is so infectious.  Usual depressingly familiar outcome in the dance off though, I can barely bring myself to watch EB now.

And I still think it's distracting having all the other dancers in the routines, although I suppose they are putting on a show.

We only watched Strictly last night when we got back from a weekend away.  We predicted Greg in the bottom and thought he'd be with Claudia maybe.   From those two, I thought the right one went.

We both thought Louise and Pasha's Passo was great - and Danny is always wow.  Loved the Judge too. 

As for Ed... well, he's so entertaining that had I been home I'd have definitely voted for him.  I think the comparisons I've read online to Russell Grant and John Sergeant are very unfair.  Yes, he's not perfect, but he's good and he's very entertaining and he is improving.  When I first heard his name announced (I seem to recall he was the first celeb to be announced) my heart sank, but despite my worries I think he's great. I think he'll go next week, or maybe he'll last one more week and then go, but good on him, I say.   :)

(Robert is another one I didn't think I'd like - I hadn't heard of him before the show - but who I've really warmed to).

I agree, Madeleine - the extra dancers were very distracting.  I thought they were more distracting this year than they've ever seemed before.

I'm sorry I don't think Ed is entertaining at all now, at best he's cringe making and at worst it's like watching a dancing bear.  He seemed to keep pausing after every part of the routine, as if he was catching his breath, and at this stage it's just farcical.  Keep him in as a comedy act, but not as a competitor.

This weeks Strictly - don't know if I liked it or not, hubby has a really bad cold and think I am getting one, so was not fully into it as I should have been and thought everything was flat.  As I say it could have been me.

I'm not sure if I want Danny or Ore to win as I think they are being too smug.

Might have to download it again and watch it to see if I think differently. 

Must be weird for Ed, having people actually voting for him  :giggle2:

Well, I was backing Greg cos a) I like him and b) it's high time Nat won the thing.  I thought Claudia's jive was dreadful, so kind of bemused by the judges comments.  But hey ho.

I like Danny but I find Oti incredibly irritating.  So no.  Ore gets on my nerves.  So no.  So I guess I'm now backing Louise by default, but I can't see her winning it.

I miss Daisy.  She officially has the sexiest voice on the planet :wub:

Yes Daisy had such a husky voice didn't she?  I also thought Claudia's dance was a bit strange, for some reason she leaves me cold, I don't know why, she's good but I think she's a bit too technical.  Can't exactly saw what it is about her that doesn't do it for me.

I could have done without the extra dancers and all the sets and props, but I guess that's part of Blackpool.  It was such a shame that they had to reduce the size of the floor with not only the sets, but I'm guessing lots of props were kept on the floor to enable them to move them on and off quickly between dances, but instead of a huge floor, it didn't actually seem much bigger than the normal studio floor, so Greg and Natalie still ran out of space in their quickstep.

I can't deny I was rooting for Greg & Nat (I totally agree with Steve, that it's about time she won!!!), but I do have a soft spot for Claudia as she's a local girl to me, but I didn't think much of their jive - didn't like the dress, and don't know why they didn't go with a traditional cheerleader style dress and the one time the jive might have been helped by wearing daps instead of heels.

Janet, I'm totally with you about Ed now - you're exactly right, it's a light entertainment programme, and he's incredibly entertaining, but not only that, he's dancing proper routines, albeit not as technically adept as the others, but still proper dancing, unlike previous "comedy" acts who've outstayed their welcome in my opinion (Ann Widdecombe instantly springs to mind).  I really don't mind him staying in, although I probably would prefer the best dancer to win the final, I wouldn't mind him being there too.

Anyone else watching It Takes Two during the week?  I'd been getting a bit fed up with it over the last few years as it had felt so formulaic, but they've come up with some new ideas this year, and I can't remember enjoying it so much since Claudia was still presenting it.

Can't wait to see the "Cha cha challenge" this weekend, with all the couples on the floor at the same time, although it's something I always need to go back and watch a few times to figure out what was going on! :D