Strictly Come Dancing

poppyshake

You were right - I shouldn't have gone looking. Now I can't NOT see the safety pins, and I never even noticed them before now!

Sorry Kell!  :blush2: Alan says 'aargh!!' every time he watches it and it's terrible how much it catches the eye .. so distracting  :blush2: I feel bad now for passing on the info. It's a wonder to me though how I watched it for so long without noticing .. and only saw it when pointed out. Now it's like there's a big neon arrow pointing at it :D 

Alan can't believe they don't have black pins for the purpose. 

I'd not heard about the safety pins before!!! :lol: I've just watched it again, and it's just made me laugh ... it doesn't take away from the dance, and I honestly don't think it was intentional - I'm sure Vicky and wardrobe must have been mortified when they realised that either they didn't have time to fix the trousers or when they came to put the outfit away and noticed the pins were still in. :giggle2:

I know it doesn't take away from the dance .. but when you think how cool he is supposed to look .. well ... words fail (almost :DKellie had a pin in the front of her dress (at Blackpool I think) and it just annoys me because so much time was spent on others. I'm sure it wasn't deliberate .. but it's neglect!! 

I'm sure Jay laughs when he sees it .. wouldn't bother him.

Some people have it that the trousers were also worn by others (though the pins were never noticed again) .. as a lot of the male trousers seem to have been .. and possibly not taken up properly because of that. I think they have very little money spent on them compared to the women .. the male outfits this year were pretty bad (but not compared to the lycra onesies of old :D

No wonder Jay preferred dancing in his own clothes  :D 

I thought it was interesting that Jay didn't wear his original QS outfit in the final .. but wore his Quickstepathon tails .. vast improvement but usually they're not allowed to change costume.

They used to have brand new outfits in the good old days. Sometimes they changed the song/routine completely (Ali & Brian.) The judges picked their fave dance too so couldn't try and stitch you up! :D 

Craig made some pretty nasty remarks about Kristina (going into the BB house) .. not for the first time. Shame he's not more supportive. I guess she won't be back then?

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, Kay - too much budget goes on stoopid sets and props and ridiculous theme weeks, which if they hired extra wardrobe people instead, none of that would happen.  Bring back Su Judd!

I didn't know Kristina had gone in to the BB house ... why can't people just be nice about each other????  I did wonder if she'd be back ... I know she's suffered a lot with the media focus on her, so I've been thinking she might be about to call it a day.

I wish my life was so idyllic I'd still be getting my knickers in a twist about a couple of safety pins 3 weeks after the event. 

And yet you've found time to come onto a thread you have no interest in to pass a remark on a subject you couldn't care less about ... well done! :rolleyes: 

I've just seen in the news that Kristina announced that she is almost three months pregnant on BB last night, making the baby due in July/August so I think it's almost certain she won't be dancing next series.

Yes, another one bites the dust. There'll be a real shake up among the women pros then. Three new faces possibly .. although I suppose Jo fills one vacant spot anyway. I wonder if Oti will be back? I hear she's just about to take part in the German Strictly. I'd like to see her back.

Who says I've no interest? I posted a comment when the series started (page 3) and have read with interest all the views on the dancing and judging.

Just enjoyed the series for what it was, a bit of frothy Saturday night light entertainment and didn't feel the need to lie down in a dark room after seeing a flash of safety pin  :flowers2:

Who says I've no interest? I posted a comment when the series started (page 3) and have read with interest all the views on the dancing and judging.

Just enjoyed the series for what it was, a bit of frothy Saturday night light entertainment and didn't feel the need to lie down in a dark room after seeing a flash of safety pin  :flowers2:

Neither did I of course! I was not entirely serious about it .. most people know that. It does annoy .. probably because I watch it every day .. more than once .. but no more than the computer annoys me for freezing or the weather annoys me for raining or Waitrose annoys me for running out of teacakes.  It doesn't mean I have nothing else to worry about. I'm a constant fretter that's all.

I don't view it as frothy Saturday night entertainment though. It is practically the ONLY thing I watched on TV during the Autumn months so I get as caught up in it as some people do in their football team playing each week .. and I'm still revisiting it .. regularly. I still watch lots of footage from past series too and I'm not going to apologise for it.

I can't believe anyone with common sense would agree to go into the BB House (I can't stand that show - filled with z-listers, no-hopers, has-beens, never-weres and wannabes), so I can't blame Craig for having a go at one of the dancers going in there (although I've not read what he said, so I hope he wasn't too nasty!).

I'm a little surprised that Kristina would wait until she was in there to announce her pregnancy! That to me is not right on many levels. I'm surprised she'd go in too  .... not sure it's the right direction for her but then .. her choice obviously.

Craig was on the spin off programme during the launch. He said a few catty things .. like her not looking good without make-up (I doubt he does either :D) .. and the six boob jobs or whatever. Plus he said she was like 'the cold war from Russia'. However, he did say some nice things too .. but mainly the catty things got reported as is always the case.

I can't see a way back for her into Strictly after this .. and tbh .. it is time for her to go. I do like her but can't really remember any of her and Ola's routines .. apart from John Sergeant's paso and Chris Hollins' Charleston .. oh and Simon's Argentine Tango! 

Jay & Aliona won at Birmingham :cows: :cows: :cows: The wig they have put him in though for the jive is hilarious ... and a serious handicap I would say. It's a comedy wig :D Thank God we didn't have to see that in the final.

According to those that attended Gleb is massively popular (I suppose that's inevitable in a stadium full of women .. but I don't really get the Gleb love so it baffles me .. I get the Aljaz love :D) and he and Anita came second. It's a bit of a shame on the other couples if people are voting for the pro .. especially for the reasons that they are (probably) voting for Gleb. 

Sounds like a great show anyway and, at last, Craig gives Jay a 10 :cows: (and Len wears Jay's wig!! :D)  

They used to release a DVD of the tour ... I hope they will again this year. 

That's one of the worst wigs I've ever seen!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

It's truly shocking isn't it? :D And the ladies I spoke to said it was a distraction ... I guess they could see it on the big screen! Poor Jay! I hope they come up with something better! 

Gleb and Anita won both the matinee and the evening performance .... well done them!

I did get one of the tour DVDs, but I've never actually watched it.  I think after we'd seen the programme at Wembley, it came across quite poorly on a small screen, and it's put me off watching a whole show from an arena ever since.  Have you watched any of them, Kay?

• 7 months later...

Oh it was a joy to see Aliana and Jay dance again.  I kept saying to my hubby look how good his legs are look at the power, he wasent impressed :D

You could almost see who was going to be paired with whom.  Still looking forward to the shows in a few weeks time.

I've changed the title of the thread so that it's just a general Strictly thread. :)

I think the pairings were pretty good.  There were a couple of partnerships I wasn't happy with, but just because I'm not keen on those professional dancers, and would rather have had the celebrities I like with pro's I like! :lol:  Having said that, there were no celebrities that I immediately took a dislike to either, but there were a few I've only really heard their name, and don't know anything about them.

Ok so the rumours are starting already about some of the contestants having professional dancing experience.  As it was pointed out not in Latin or ballroom it is a different type of dancing.

Here we go again

Oh I hate all that 'previous dance training' nonsense!! Contestants can have all sort of advantages .. being a calm person is one of them :D I'd definitely want THAT advantage. 

Lovely to see Jay and Aliona again .. will miss seeing her (and him for that matter .. they made Strictly for me last year.)

I think the pairings are quite good .. on the whole. I don't have a favourite just yet but am leaning towards Greg and Natalie .. as I love her anyway and like him a lot.  

They all look pretty good and so I think we're probably going to lose a good dancer fairly early on .. if not straight away. Ed and Lesley are possibly going to struggle more than the rest but I can see them lasting for a bit (especially if the judges are cruel) so it's someone more middling that will go. It looks tight this year. 

By week two last year I knew who my favourite was but that's unusual .. it often takes me a good month to work it out. In a way I hope I don't have an out and out fave as it makes it a trial (and I have to watch behind cushions etc :lol: ) .. but I usually do. The last two years my fave has won so I'm not too scared of cursing them. My last disappointment was when Nimble Kimble lost out to Louis Smith (though .. that was always on the cards!!)

Anyway, Strictly's back and we have something to make the darker, colder, nights more bearable! :cows: :cows:  

If I had to predict 4 for the final .. I'd go with:

Greg & Natalie

Claudia & AJ

Will & Karen

Louise & Kevin 

... also thinking that Laura looks v good .. so does Naga.

Be interesting to look back and see how wrong/right I am. I think Anastacia could go a long, long, way actually .. there's an incredible amount of goodwill towards her already :)

I thought Will looked promising too, and I also think Anastacia will do well, she's a live wire although it might hinder her if she gets a bit carried away - I had a feeling she'd get Brendan as I think he can keep her in check, I reckon they'll be a good match.  Difficult to tell from that short routine.  Don't 2 of the new dancers look young though (think they're only 20 and 21 but they look even younger).  I hope Oti fares better this year too, she was unlucky last year.

• 3 weeks later...