Strictly Come Dancing

poppyshake

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was away at the weekend so had to wait until last night to see strictly and the dance off.  I like others am finding the music so distracting for the dancing.  A really good piece of music makes all the difference to how they dance and how I perceive how good the dance is. 

Mind you one of the singers really put me off as he could not hit the high notes of the song and I was cringing.

It might be because we are not liking the songs they are putting to the dances, that we are thinking that the singers are awful as well. But that does not take away from the male singer who could not hit the notes last week.

You're right.  I don't know if it was nerves on his first night or what.  He may be better this week.  And they all do it live so... they can't get it right every time.

He might not sing this week.  They pick the singers each week based on the songs so that they find the right voice to suit the original song, and they sometimes bring in a new singer for a particular voice.  There have been a few singers that have been brought in just once to sing a particular song, but it's usually four from the main five singers.

I thought that was the fixiest fix ever!! No way did Jamelia deserve to go over Peter! Darcey may well hang her head in shame!!

He didn't even do a jive .. he just stomped!! And they scored him less first time around (Craig and Darcey) .. and he didn't improve!

They didn't take into account the fact that Pixie had outdanced Simon last year so can't see that they were taking previous dances into account here. Len was the only voice of reason!

It doesn't really matter .. she was always going to go. But you've got to wonder what the agenda is?

Cannot stand Peter and his faux sincerity! Jamelia had actually improved!!!

Edited by poppyshake

All I want to say is.... 'Gleb'.... :giggle2: 

Oh yes, what a dance, and Jay's Salsa was fab too - and finally some decent music choices!  They were the two best dances, Helen's Charleston was good but very traditional and I think after Georgia's dance last week we're all expecting more than a bog-standard Charleston, she always seems to resemble a doll to me, I think it's the platinum blonde hair, she's good but I just can't warm to her.  I thought Jamelia was the most improved this week but it was pretty inevitable as to the outcome, still maybe Peter will go next? 

Might as well get four chimpanzees to sit behind that desk - they'd make more sense.  That decision was a fecking disgrace.  Darcey, in particular, should be ashamed of herself  :banghead:

Georgia's dance was the best, again, followed closely by Anita.

Might as well get four chimpanzees to sit behind that desk - they'd make more sense.  That decision was a fecking disgrace.  Darcey, in particular, should be ashamed of herself  :bang head:

Totally agree.  Even the audience knew it was the wrong decision.  Disgusting.  Perhaps the tabloids reporting Ola saying it's fixed are right after all.  I take most things "reported" about Strictly with a pinch of salt, but those judges votes seem like valid evidence that it could be true.

Georgia's dance was the best, again, followed closely by Anita.

Agree again, although Anita spent far too much time being flung around the floor for my liking. If she'd been on her feet more and danced more steps, I might have put it above Georgia. I'm in the minority though, and I'm not a fan of Gleb … give me Aljaž any day instead.

I agree with what is being said, I think Peter got through by the skin of his teeth, I really thought he was going out because I have to admit Jamelia did dance better. Craig gets it right when he says just too clompy darling.

Music was better more suited to the dances this week.

I so love watching Anita she puts all the passion into her dances.

So, they re-recorded Peter's ovation in the dance-off.  Pretty sure, from the look of surprise on Zoe's face, that Jamelia wasn't supposed to say that.  The plot thickens.

I'm not a fan of Gleb … give me Aljaž any day instead.

Same here.  I like Aljaž  and Janette - they're always so happy :D

Edited by Karsa Orlong

I'm not Kellie's biggest fan but I'm pretty hacked off that wardrobe are making her look so awful!! That dress was just abysmal .. it looked like it still had pins holding it together at the front! I felt a sort of pang of disappointment for her when I saw it (hair and make up too .. they age her so much .. she looks much better when she dresses herself.)

Week after week, Georgia, Katie and Anita get the best themes/dresses etc. Jamelia was someone else who rarely got a good dress/theme either. Helen falls somewhere in the middle. It's time for them to really go to town and give Kellie a nice dress for once or at least something that doesn't look like I ran it up five mins before! 

The paso was too OTT for me. Style over substance I thought. Anita does everything with conviction etc but .. apart from her arms/hands .. which I thought were lovely it was a bit stompy. Plus she ended up on the floor about four times. The way they themed it though and the costumes .. and the use of backing dancers etc made it look spectacular. 

Katie and Helen were not as good as I thought they would be and Peter was atrocious. Other than that I thought it was a good show .. though that opening number was manic wasn't it? 

Not looking forward to the Quickstepathon .. I hate Strictly thons!! :D We know for sure now (and well done Jamelia .. for speaking up!) that they are manipulating the results .. probably they do that with their scoring too. That's been obvious for years. But the thons can also be a way of changing the scoreboard so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Harder for Jay and Peter in the thon .. they'll have to steer. Could be carnage! :D 

That results show kinda made a mockery of the whole point of the dance off & it just turned into a case of comparing the dancer's past performances. Yes, Peter has danced very well in the past, but that "jive" was atrocious - I wasn't a regular viewer of the show before this series and even I could tell it was missing lots of the key elements!

Surely the judges should be rewarding improvements like the ones jamelia had made & adding some tension to the voting process so that if you have a bad week, even if you're one of the faves, you could still go?

What did Jamelia say, by the way? I don't watch ITT.

Edited by More reading time required

Anita's was dance of the night for me - so dramatic and passionate, and she didn't even break character when she was walking over to the judges - awesome!

Peter's dance was a disappointment, but so was Jamelia's - she's been skating through by the skin of her teeth every week, and although she's definitely showed improvement, I'm glad Peter was saved this week - I actually quite like him and find him rather sweet (sometimes a little TOO sweet, but sweet nonetheless). I don't see him getting to the final though - Of the two guys left, I hope Jay makes it through - he's my favourite and I have a total dancer crush on him! Speaking of which, Jay was fabulous again this week - he always seems so shy when he's talking, but I think he really opened up doing that dance and he's gaining confidence at last. I can't warm to Helen - she's a good dancer, but I find she sets my teeth on edge a little. I love watching Georgia dance, but her little-girl giggling drives me round the twist. I love Kellie and Kevin together, but I didn't think their dance was all that great this week, and her costume was abysmal.

I'm finding it incredibly difficult to call who'll be next out as everyone who is left are very good.

I've just realised I forgot about Katie. She's another one I can't quite warm to - she always looks like she's looking down her nose at everyone. Much as I like Anton, I hope she's next out, as her incredibly fake smile always looks like it's trying (and not managing very well) to hide her seething anger and contempt.

Like I said, it's difficult to call, but I think it'll be Katie out next week, followed by either Peter or Helen, then it'll be Kellie after that, leaving Georgia, Jay and Anita for the final. I have an inkling Georgia will win it overall, but I'd LOVE to see either Jay or Anita take home the trophy!

I didn't like Kellie's dance this week either, I'm not a big fan of the quickstep although she did it very well but I don't really like the old-fashioned ballroom type dances.

I agree with Kell about Helen, she doesn't do it for me either, she's good technically but as the judges said there was nothing special about her Charleston - I think her platinum blond hair and all the make-up gives her a doll-like image, and I just can't warm to her!  The same with Katie, she's improved a lot but I've always thought she was a bit of a poser, even when she used to read the news, but to be fair she's not bad at all but I don't think she'll get to the final.

I think Peter will go next, he's probably the weakest and most inconsistent dancer of those left, and I think it will be Georgia, Jay and either Kellie or Anita in the final.

Loved Jay's salsa, I think having the extra dancers gave the routine a bit more depth as well, and he finally looked like he was enjoying himself!