Which Dan Brown Book is Best?

Kell

Which Dan Brown book did you enjoy the most?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which Dan Brown book did you enjoy the most?

• Angels & Demons
    • The Da Vinci Code
    • Digital Fortress
    • Deception Point

I've just finished reading my fourth & final Dan Brown book & wondered which one of the four everyone liked best & the reasons behind their choice - just curious...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for Digital Fortress - I thought the plot was the most believable & that the cryptography technology described in it was amazing. It was also the one where Mr Brown broke from formula a bit & let the leading lady have someone in her life right from the start, rather than having her fall for the leading man (even though both had still had a troubled past - LOL!).

Would anyone else care to wade ni & tell us which they think is best? Anyone for Angels & Demons or Deception Point? Want to fight their corner? Tell us why you like 'em so much - come on, you know you want to!

• 1 month later...

I have gone for Angels and Demons. I prefer the religious style stories to the computer ones, and I actually thought Angels and Demons was better written and structured, and slightly more believable.

It has made me want to visit Rome and look for all the clues, to see if they are really there

Debbie

• 4 weeks later...

I personally got bored of The Da Vinci Code. Everyone had raved on about it and I picked it up one day and read it. But like I said about 2/3rds of the way through the book I was getting bored and actually thought it dragged a little. Maybe I wasn't in the right frame of mind to read it or something.

Angels and Demons for me was way better than Da Vinci Code. It flowed along a lot better and was an easier read. And I go along with Debbie as it makes me want to visit Rome and follow the clues. :D

I voted for Digital Fortress. For me I prefer books to be fast paced and this is one of them books. I couldn't put it down and read it in one sitting. :shock: A great book and even if your not a fan of the genre well worth a visit.

Still got to read Deception Point. It's next on my list after I finish my current book.

I voted for Angels and Demons.

I enjoyed all Dan Brown's books, thanks to Tracey getting me hooked, yet that one stuck out the most in my mind. From the first page I was engrossed and lost half my nails as I chewed my way through to the end!

Guest Anonymous

I voted for The Da Vinci Code, as it was the first one I read and it got me hooked and got me onto reading the others.

I couldn't put it down from the first few pages and I hated going to work cause I didn't want to stop reading ! LOL

Angels and Demons came a very close 2nd though !

:D

• 2 weeks later...

I went for Digital Fortress. I'm not sure why - I just enjoyed it that fraction more than the others. I do like his books, and the Da Vinci Code was good - can't believe all the fuss it has caused though.

I do get the feeling that he writes his books so that they will be made into films. You can see the film developing as you read through the books.

I went for Digital Fortress. I'm not sure why - I just enjoyed it that fraction more than the others. I do like his books, and the Da Vinci Code was good - can't believe all the fuss it has caused though..

LOL - I agree, Albert. I definitely thought DF was the best of the batch & although I liked Da Vinci (it was the 1st one I read), I didn't understand all the hype about it. It was good, but not that good.

I do get the feeling that he writes his books so that they will be made into films. You can see the film developing as you read through the books.

Exactly! Have you seen the trailer for Da Vinci yet? It does look rather good. I think they've been very clever with the casting & can't wait to see it. Even Dale, who had absolutely no interest in seeing the film when I told him it was to do with the book, once he saw the trailer, that was that. Now I'm looking forward to being treated to a cinema trip!

That almost made me not read it!

I get that way - I didn't read the Da Vinci Code for ages because of the hype (I was the same with White Teeth when every man and his dog was reading it!), when I finally did I was disappointed. I thought it was an interesting idea, but I just didn't like the writing style - it will take a lot of convincing before I'll read any of the others.

Jo xx

• 3 weeks later...
I've only read Da Vinci Code so far, Angels and Demons is on order and awaiting delivery. I must admit that his others leave no interest with me at all. so I will not be trying them

Ditto for me, will eventually get round to reading Angels and Demons, but thats it for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I read The Da Vinci Code a while back and enjoyed it but didn't think I would bother with his other books. I found Angels and Demons today on audio book in the library so decided to try it whilst driving in the car. I'm only on chapter 8 and it seems very familiar - allthough the story is different it feels like I am re-reading The Da Vinci Code. If all his books are like this i won't be reading any others.

I did find his books a bit formulaic - unless he comes up with something different, I think he's going to end up like Virginia Andrews, where the story remains the same, just the names & locations change.

• 4 months later...

I voted for Da Vinci Code as i found it a lot of fun, it was almost interactive. i found myself on the net with every other page trying to suss out what was fact and what was fiction. I think it was really well put together......

THEN i read Angels and Demons and although it was equally good i was dissapointed with the unoriginality between stories. Even the first pages were similar in formular.....

A & D- The phone beside his bed was ringing

Da Vinci- A telephone was ringing in the darkness

A & D- He squinted at his digital clock. it was 5.18 a.m.

Da Vinci- Langdon looked at the bedside clock. it was 12.32 a.m.

A & D- 'I'm looking for Robert Langdon' (yada yada) 'I must see you immediately'

Da Vinci- 'This is the concierge, monsieur. I apologise for this intrusion, but you have a visitior. he insists it's urgent'

There is more but that would just show how anal i am rather than put my point across

:(

(sorry if this is posted twice but my pc just had a fit)

I agree, Yin/Yang - they were an easy & enjoyable read, but more of the same in each case. There hasn't been anything new promised either (as far as I'm aware) & I wonder if he's decided to stop at those 4?