Tennis

supergran71

I missed the match, but caught up with the story of GB player Marcus Willis yesterday - you couldn't make it up!  Playing Federer next - what a great moment for him. :D

No play on the outside courts until at least 16:30 today, but estimate 16:15 for Willis v Federer, so will be trying to watch that one soon. :)

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a brilliant weekend of tennis so pleased that they decided to play catch up this sunday.  I must admit I was in shock to see Djokovic go out but Querrey's face was a picture and it opens it up this year.

Watched Isner against Tsonga yesterday was so sad to see one of them go out as it was a really good match.

also got to see some of the GB team playing in the doubles, didn't get much done and I was supposed to be packing.  Oh well will finish it off tonight when I get in.

I'm loving Wimbledon this year - I've seen a lot more than I usually do, and currently have the Williams sisters doubles game on at the moment.  As with most sport viewing, it's on the television while we're doing other things, but I did actually sit down and watch Murray yesterday. :)

There has been some fantastic tennis this year.....will be glued to the telly from 11am tomorrow...hoping young Gordon Reid can get his singles wheelchair title tomorrow...then our Andy Murray at 2pm...woop

Great day for British tennis! :cows:

Straight sets win for Andy .. which makes it sound like a walk in the park. It wasn't though was it?  :D  :hide:  :lurker: Great from Heather too .. so nice for her after the disappointment of the singles.

Bring on the Olympics!! :D 

What a good day for British tennis.  Thankfully I didn't have to shout too much at the telly watching Murray but it was a good match.  Wasent Heather so happy when she won.  Bless her. That is how it should be.

Don't think Andy is going to play in the Davis Cup this week against Serbia. He will be missed if he doesent.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Shirley....much as I love Andy Murray...have to say his support of the team was enough. What fantastic tennis the team played to get through to the next round. So chuffed to be Scottish and have such great players from Dunblane.

I have to agree with you Inver it was nice to see him there as he supports the team so much, we have to let some of the others have a go otherwise how are they going to progress.

Glad that we won though.  Could not watch all the matches as I was away but managed to catch Kyle Edmund's second match and a bit of the doubles match.

• 6 months later...

So one late session the other day/morning....up for another one tonight go Sir Andy and Dan Evans.....hoping for another two wins...although Evans has Tsonga...that will be tough

Well I stayed up and watched it all..... :negative: ...gutted they both went out :cray:  but they played so well as did their opponents. Been some really good tennis to be honest. Yes Konta last one standing I hope she does well, she really has been awesome... :clapping: 

Watched the tennis and must admit I thought Andy would go out, he had many times that he put some stunners past his opponent but other than that Mischa Zverev seemed like it was his day to shine.  Dan Evans I find to be a fire cracker as in you don't know what he is going to do.  He can so easily turn it around but I think Tsonga was just too much for him. Good try though.

Johanne Konta has been amazing this last 6 months and has been sailing through her matches in the Australian Open but she is up against Serena Williams next who still feels she has something to prove by winning.  Fingers will be firmly cross for Konta though.

Shame Johanna Konta didn't make the final....but when those Williams sisters are playing, hardly anyone else gets a shout. The men's final tomorrow should be a good one though Federer v Nadal ..... wonder if it will be a 5 setter. Hayley I have been getting up at stupid o'clock to watch games I've wanted to see.

• 4 years later...