Tennis

supergran71

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do have to put it out there that I'm not the biggest fan of Andy Murray, I can appreciate that he's a decent player and all and I'm glad he's doing well for the country but I just don't take to he, can't quite define why though

I used to feel that way .. he didn't start off on a good foot .. with the English anyway :D but he has endeared himself to me now (bet he's relieved :D) .. mainly because of his interviews (especially those done courtside) .. he touches his face constantly in such an endearing way and speaks so respectfully of others .. it's quite at odds with his aggressive stance on court. I think he's stopped kissing his muscles too which helps. He appears quite shy and I like that about him (though someone ought to sellotape those arms down :D .. once he comes off court of course.) Roger looks so complacent when he's interviewed .. it may just be the way he comes across but he has lost all traces of humility (it is hard though when you're brilliant and you have gold clothes :D)

I agree, I think he didn't come across very well when he first came on the scene, arrogant is how I'd describe it. Admittedly, he has got better with how he comes across :) I haven't watched any interviews with him recently as I've only been able to catch little bits of matches this year. I do love Roger. He has always come across very well, same with Rafa :P I'm very interested to see who gets in the final this year, it's rather exciting :D

Only thing Andy needs to do is smile a wee bit more in his interviews, I think it is just he is a bit camera shy when it comes to interviews, but it has to be done. Hopefully huge smiles tomorrow when he gets through to final! :giggle2:

I think Tsonga's going to beat him. :hide:

Initially I'd be a little disappointed .. then I'd see Jo-Wilfried's smile :D I can't see either of them beating Djokovic who just looks like a machine out there. I'm expecting him to get past Roger but Roger might have other ideas :smile: I hope we get two very tight five set matches .. though it will be nerve wracking to sit through Andy's semi if that's the case.

Ideal final : Andy vs Roger .. I'd have slightly higher hopes then but feel it may well be Tsonga vs Djokovic with Tsonga very much making up the numbers.

Serena will win comfortably .. I can't see that Radwanska has the weapons to trouble her .. unless she acquires a laser gun before Saturday :D It has all the makings of a very one sided boring womens final .. like most of them are.

Oh dear Radwanska's not feeling well ... that's put the tin hat on it!

Might just be lulling us into a false sense of security before she pulls off a shock. :D

Might just be lulling us into a false sense of security before she pulls off a shock. :D

I thought it might be the other way around .. she knows she'll be anihilated and so is going for the 'I was a bit poorly though' angle :D Not the wisest thing to let Serena know though :theboss: .. hope she's not expecting sympathy :D Good luck to her though, hope we get a competetive match.

Oh I wouldn't worry, it's bubbling away nicely.. I've just seen Novak turn up and start playing. :D 4-1 up in the second.

Edit: Not even an hour played and that's two sets done. :o Novak stepping up his game now. 1-1, game on!

Edited by Ben

I don't appreciate Roger using so much gamesmanship .. no need for the loo break when he was two sets up (had only played for an hour or so) or the last challenge. He's playing brilliantly and Novak is having a mare .. reckon Roger slipped gluten into one of his morning rolls :D

I am glad in a way because I think both Andy and Jo-Wilfried have a fighting chance against Roger but I hope the other match is more entertaining.

Good job Isner and Mahut didn't go to the loo every hour! :D

Well played Roger! :D

I found this one very entertaining actually so I'll be glad if Murray's is as good. :D I also don't really think Murray or Tsonga will beat Federer. Just my opinion though. :o

Edited by Ben