Tennis

supergran71

Yeah but you're scottish,

ETA: Don't look now, Murray's squared it 5-5 in the third set. 1-1 sets, 5-5 games, Roddick serving.

What a match this is! :D

Edge of the seat stuff this Ben isn't it. I'll never get any tea made tonight ;)

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm here myself anyway so no hungry mouths to feed. One at a friends and two playing footie....so am cheering here on my own like a loony :D

9.gif

Aha, well at least you know there's hundreds and thousands cheering with you. :D

Murray holds serve to tie at 6-6. I can't watch. ;)

OMG.....this is bad enough imagine if he gets through to final. I'll be greyer than I am at the moment...lol :D

and I'll have no nails left.

Wonder if he can break his serve again.....come on Andy

OMG....how much more can we take....come on finish Roddick off Andy....lol.

Edited by Inver

That was a fantastic match - gripping to the end. I had said to the family yesterday that I did not think he would go through. Still, I like Roddick but I'm not quite sure that he will pull it off though on Sunday

Well, in the end a great game. I mentioned as well that I thought Roddick would win. In the end the expectation was too much for Murray, and he just didn't have that winning edge. Still he can congratulate himself on a brilliant Wimbledon this year!

Roddick - Federer final is going to be superb. I'll be cheering for Roddick. We'll see in the end, he's not going to have it easy, we all know that!

Well, in the end a great game. I mentioned as well that I thought Roddick would win. In the end the expectation was too much for Murray, and he just didn't have that winning edge. Still he can congratulate himself on a brilliant Wimbledon this year!

Roddick - Federer final is going to be superb. I'll be cheering for Roddick. We'll see in the end, he's not going to have it easy, we all know that!

Do we? If history is anything to go by it should be a very easy match for Federer.

I will be pulling for Federer to win for sure. Andy has done a great job to make another Wimbeldon final though, I didn't expect him to ever get there again.

Well yes, but with his form it's going to be a good game. If we're honest Haas did well in his semi against Federer taking it to two tie-breakers, so I'm sure Roddick can give him a good game Dan?

Anyway, I'll be thinking Federer will win, but will be pulling for Roddick. :D

Anyway, I'll be thinking Federer will win, but will be pulling for Roddick. :D

;) Me too Ben. I'm not bothered about watching the women's singles though have to say, will have a rest from tennis.

Well yes, but with his form it's going to be a good game. If we're honest Haas did well in his semi against Federer taking it to two tie-breakers, so I'm sure Roddick can give him a good game Dan?

Anyway, I'll be thinking Federer will win, but will be pulling for Roddick. :friends0:

I don't know to be honest. I hope Andy can give it a good go but I have seen Federer go through Roddick with ease so many times in the past that I am unsure.

Here are a few facts on their head-to-head history:

- Federer has an 18-2 winning record over Andy Roddick

- They have played 7 times in Grand Slams, Andy has never beaten Federer

- They have played 3 times at Wimbeldon, Andy having one 1 set in the 3 matches.

Basically, I would be pretty surprised if Andy got a set.

Mmmm...yes with those stats Dan it doesn't look promising does it :friends0: But hey ho....dafter things have happened, you just don't know what can happen on the day.:lol: