Anger Management

Backstrom

Bad Judge

Battle Creek

Benched

Constantine

Covert Affairs

Cristela

CSI  --- may get a short 16th season or possibly a tv-movie to end the show.

Dallas

Eye Candy

Forever

Franklin & Bash

Garfunkel and Oates

Gracepoint

Ground Floor

Happyland 

Hart of Dixie

LeAnn and Eddie

Looking

Manhattan Love Story

Marry me

Melissa & Joey

Mulaney

One big happy

Perception 

Red Band Society 
Resurrection

Revenge 

Selfie

Sirens 

Stalker

State of Affairs

The Following

The McCarthys 
The Millers

The Mindy Project --- may be picked up by Hulu instead

Utopia

Witches of East End

Some of the replacement shows have been made official:

SCREAM QUEENS (Horror-Comedy)
WRITERS: Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk
CAST: Emma Roberts (American Horror Story), Jamie Lee Curtis (Halloween), Lea Michele (Glee), Abigail Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine), Keke Palmer (Masters of Sex), Nick Jonas (Kingdom), Ariana Grande, Nasim Pedrad (Mulaney), Oliver Hudson (Nashville)
An anthology series, the first season of which revolves around a college campus that is rocked by a series of murders.

TELENOVELA (Comedy/Single-Cam) 
WRITERS: Chrissy Pietrosh, Jessica Goldstein. OTHER EPs: Eva Longoria, Ben Spector
CAST: Eva Longoria (Desperate Housewives), Amaury Nolasco (Prison Break), Jencarlos Canela, Diana Maria Riva, Jose Moreno Brooks, Alex Meneses (Everybody Loves Raymond), Alex Meneses
A behind-the-scenes look at what goes into the making of a telenovela and its star (Longoria), who strives to stay on top in a world where the drama off-camera is better than it is on-camera.

UNTITLED JERROD CARMICHAEL PROJECT(Comedy/Multi-Cam) 
WRITERS: Jerrod Carmichael, Nick Stoller
CAST: Jerrod Carmichael, Amber West, Loretta Devine, David Alan Grier, Lil Rel Howery
Inspired by the stand-up comedian’s life and relationships with his girlfriend and family.

PEOPLE ARE TALKING (Comedy/Multi-Cam)
WRITER: DJ Nash
CAST: Mark-Paul Gosselaar (Franklin & Bash), Tone Bell (Bad Judge), Bresha Webb (Grey’s Anatomy), Brooke Ishibashi
A comedy examining sex, race and everything else your parents told you never to talk about.

SUPERSTORE (Comedy/Single-Cam)
WRITER: Justin Spitzer
CAST: Ben Feldman (A to Z, Mad Men), America Ferrera (Ugly Betty), Nichole Bloom (Shameless)
A comedy about a group of employees at a big box store who quickly learn that there’s much more to their ho-hum jobs — like love, friendship, and the surprises of everyday moments – than they thought.

SUPERGIRL (Drama)
WRITERS: Ali Adler, Greg Berlanti
CAST: Melissa Benoist (Glee), Mehcad Brooks (Desperate Housewives), Laura Benanti (Nashville), Calista Flockhart (Ally McBeal), Chyler Leigh (Grey’s Anatomy), David Harewood (Selfie, Homeland) and guest stars Helen Slater (the film Supergirl), Dean Cain (Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman) and Jeremy Jordan (Smash)
Kara Zor-El escaped her home planet of Krypton amid its destruction years ago. Since arriving on Earth, she has concealed the powers she shares with her famous cousin. But now, at age 24, she decides to embrace her superhuman abilities and be the hero she was always meant to be.

THE GRINDER (Comedy/Single-Cam)
WRITERS: Jarrad Paul, Andrew Mogel
CAST: Rob Lowe (Parks and Recreation), Fred Savage (The Wonder Years), Mary Elizabeth Ellis (New Girl), Natalie Morales (Parks & Recreation), William Devane (24: Live Another Day)
Rob Lowe stars as beloved TV lawyer Dean Sanderson (aka “The Grinder”). When his long-running hit series comes to an end, he finds himself at a crossroads in life and decides to move back to his small hometown, thinking he has the experience to take over his family’s law firm.

ROSEWOOD (Drama)
WRITER: Todd Harthan
CAST: Morris Chestnut (Legends), Jaina Lee Ortiz (The After), Maggie Elizabeth Jones (Ben and Kate)
This close-ended, investigative series centers around the brilliant Dr. Beaumont Rosewood, Jr., the top private pathologist in all of Miami. As owner of one of the most sophisticated, state-of-the-art independent labs in the country, he finds the secrets in bodies that others usually miss.

GRANDFATHERED (Comedy/Single-Cam)
WRITER: Danny Chun. OTHER EPs: Dan Fogelman, John Stamos
CAST: John Stamos (Galavant), Josh Peck (Drake & Josh), Paget Brewster (Criminal Minds), Kelly Jenrette
Revolves around a longtime bachelor whose life is upended when in one fell swoop he discovers he’s a father … and a grandfather.

THE GUIDE TO SURVIVING LIFE (Comedy/Single-Cam)
WRITER: Jay Lacopo
CAST: Jack Cutmore-Scott, Meaghan Rath (Being Human), James Earl (Ground Floor)
Celebrates the mistakes and misadventures people make during the years after college before settling down.

BOOM (Drama)
WRITERS: Josh Pate, Rodes Fishburne
CAST: Don Johnson (Nash Bridges, Miami Vice), Scott Michael Foster (Chasing Life), Chace Crawford (Gossip Girl), Rebecca Rittenhouse (Red Band Society), India de Beaufort (Jane By Design), Delroy Lindo (Believe), Caitlin Carver (The Fosters), Yani Gellman (Pretty Little Liars), Amber Valletta (Revenge)
A modern-day story about the biggest oil discovery in American history, one which triggers an economic boom in North Dakota on a scale not seen since the 1849 Gold Rush. The series tracks the pilgrimage of a young, ambitious couple as they brave a modern “Wild West,” negotiating an ensemble of roughnecks, grifters, oil barons, criminals and fellow prospectors.

DR. KEN (Comedy)
WRITERS: Jared Stern, Mike O’Connell, Ken Jeong
CAST: Ken Jeong (Community), Albert Tsai (Trophy Wife), Dave Foley (Hot in Cleveland), Suzy Nakamura (Go On), Tisha Campbell-Martin (Martin), Jonathan Slavin (Better Off Ted), Krista Marie Yu (The Thundermans)
Ken Jeong is a frustrated HMO doctor juggling medicine, marriage and parenting, and succeeding at none of them.

WICKED CITY (Drama)
WRITER: Stephen Baigelman
CAST: Erika Christensen (Parenthood), Taissa Farmiga (American Horror Story), Darrell Britt-Gibson (The Wire), Adam Rothenberg (Ripper Street), Holley Fain (Grey’s Anatomy), Anne Winters (Tyrant), Ed Westwick (Gossip Girl)
A character-driven, true-crime procedural that explores sex, politics and popular culture across various noteworthy eras in L.A. history. Season one focuses on two LA cops in search for a Bonnie & Clyde-esque serial killing team amidst the rock-and-roll, coke-infused revelry of the 1980s Sunset Strip.

OF KINGS AND PROPHETS (Drama)
WRITERS: Adam Cooper, Bill Collage
CAST: Simone Kessell (Terra Nova), Oliver Rix, Maisie Richardson-Sellers (The Originals), Mohammad Bakri (Tyrant), James Floyd
An epic Biblical saga of faith, ambition and betrayal as told through the eyes of a battle-weary king, a powerful and resentful prophet and a resourceful young shepherd on a collision course with destiny.

QUANTICO (Drama)
WRITER: Josh Safran
CAST: Aunjanue Ellis (NCIS: Los Angeles), Dougray Scott (Hemlock Grove), Tate Ellington, Priyanka Chopra
A group of young FBI recruits, all with specific reasons for joining, battle their way through training at the Quantico base in Virginia. As we intercut between their hidden pasts and their present training, we also flash-forward to the near future, where one of the recruits will turn out to be a sleeper terrorist.

SMOKE AND MIRRORS (aka THE CATCH) (Drama)
WRITER: Jennifer Schuur (A Shonda Rhimes series)
CAST: Mireille Enos (The Killing), Damon Dayoub (NCIS), Bethany Joy Lenz (One Tree Hill), Rose Rollins (The L Word), Jacky Ido, Jay Hayden, Elvy Yost
Unbeknownst to her slippery fiancé, a bride-to-be — who investigates fraud for a living — is not all she claims to be. And when the fiancé’s expertly planned con collides with her perfectly constructed lies, they plunge into a dangerous game of cat and mouse. Based on an idea by novelist Kate Atkinson and Helen Gregory.

THE FAMILY (Drama)
WRITER: Jenna Bans
CAST: Zach Gilford (Friday Night Lights), Joan Allen (The Missing), Andrew McCarthy (Pretty in Pink), Alison Pill (The Newsroom), Liam James (The Way, Way Back), Rarmian Newton (Dance Academy), Rupert Graves (V for Vendetta), Madeleine Arthur (Supernatural), Alex Steele (Degrassi: The Next Generation)
Centers on a politician’s son who shows up nearly 10 years after his presumed death and rocks the local community. His reappearance, naturally, has repercussions for the neighbor jailed for his murder and the police officer that handled the case.

HEARTBREAKER (Drama)
WRITER: Jill Gordon
CAST: Melissa George (The Slap, Alias), Dave Annable (Red Band Society, Brothers & Sisters), Jamie Kennedy, Shelley Conn (Terra Nova), Maya Erskine (Man Seeking Woman), Don Hany, Joshua Leonard, JLouis Mills
Inspired by the life of Dr. Kathy Magliato, this medical soap follows the outspoken Alex Panettiere, one of the rare female heart transplant surgeons. Alex brings an innovative eye to treating patients week to week while also balancing the complications of her professional and romantic life.

LEGENDS OF TOMORROW (Drama)
WRITERS: Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim
CAST: Brandon Routh (Arrow), Caity Lotz (Arrow), Wentworth Miller (The Flash), Dominic Purcell (The Flash), Victor Garber (The Flash), Arthur Darvill (Doctor Who), Ciara Renée (Pippin)
Superhero team-up series. Spin-off from Arrow & Flash.

CORDON (Drama)
WRITER: Julie Plec
CAST: Chris Wood (The Vampire Diaries), Claudia Black (Farscape), Hanna Mangan Lawrence (Spartacus), Trevor St. John (One Life to Live), George Young (Singapore’s The Pupil)
When a deadly epidemic breaks out in Atlanta, a large city quarantine is quickly enforced, leaving those stuck on the inside to fight for their lives. Cordon tells the story of loved ones tragically torn apart, and how the society that grows inside the cordon reveals both the devolution of humanity and the birth of unlikely heroes. Based upon the original Belgian series.

CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND

Rebecca Bloom is a successful, driven, and possibly crazy young woman who impulsively gives up everything – her partnership at a prestigious law firm and her upscale apartment in Manhattan – in a desperate attempt to find love and happiness in that exotic hotbed of romance and adventure: West Covina, Calif.

FRANKENSTEIN CODE (Drama)
WRITER: Rand Ravich
CAST: Rob Kazinsky (True Blood), Tim DeKay (White Collar), Adhir Kalyan (Rules of Engagement), Dilshad Vadsaria (Revenge, Greek), Ciara Bravo (Red Band Society)
Ray Pritchard, a morally corrupt retired cop, is given a second chance at life when he is brought back from the dead. Now younger and stronger, Pritchard will have to choose between his old temptations and his new sense of purpose.

LUCIFER (Drama)
WRITER: Tom Kapinos, Jerry Bruckheimer Television, Len Wiseman
CAST: Tom Ellis (Once Upon a Time, Rush), Lauren German (Chicago Fire), D.B. Woodside (24), Rachael Harris (Suits), Nicholas Gonzalez (Sleepy Hollow)
Based on the DC Comics imprint Vertigo’s Lucifer, it follows the Lord of Hell as he abdicates his throne and kingdom to make camp in Los Angeles, where he will help the LAPD punish criminals.

MINORITY REPORT (Drama)
WRITER: Max Borenstein
CAST: Meagan Good (Deception), Stark Sands (NYC 22), Laura Regan (Mad Men), Wilmer Valderrama (That ’70s Show), Daniel London, Li Jun Li
Ten years after the end of Precrime in Washington, D.C., one of the three Precogs struggles to lead a “normal” human life, but remains haunted by visions the future, when he meets a detective haunted by her past, who just may help him find a purpose to his gift.

CODE BLACK (Drama)
WRITER: Michael Seitzman
CAST: Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife), Ben Hollingsworth (Cult, The Tomorrow People), Bonnie Somerville (Cashmere Mafia)
Medical drama set in the busiest and most notorious ER in the nation where the extraordinary staff confronts a broken system in order to protect their ideals and the patients who need them the most. Based on the feature documentary produced and directed by Ryan McGarry.

ANGEL FROM HELL (Comedy)
WRITER: Tad Quill
CAST: Jane Lynch (Glee), Maggie Lawson (Psych)
When Amy enters Allison’s life and claims to be her guardian angel, they form an unlikely friendship and Allison can’t be sure if Amy is an angel or just nuts.

CRIMINAL MINDS: BEYOND BOARDERS (Drama)
WRITER: Erica Messer. OTHER EPs: Mark Gordon, Nick Pepper
CAST: Gary Sinise (CSI: NY), Anna Gunn (Breaking Bad), Tyler James Williams (The Walking Dead), Daniel Henney (Revolution)
Focuses on a division of the FBI that helps American citizens who find themselves in trouble abroad.

LIMITLESS (Drama)
WRITER: Craig Sweeny
CAST: Jake McDorman (Greek), Jennifer Carpenter (Dexter), Hill Harper (Covert Affairs), Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio (Grimm)
Picking up where the 2011 film left off, the drama follows Brian Sinclair as he discovers the power of the mysterious drug NZT and is coerced into using his newfound drug-enhanced abilities to solve weekly cases for the FBI.

RUSH HOUR (Drama)
WRITERS: Bill Lawrence & Blake McCormick
CAST: Jon Foo, Justin Hires (21 Jump Street, Key & Peele), Aimee Garcia (Dexter), Jessika Van, Page Kennedy (Backstrom)
A stoic, by-the-book Hong Kong police officer is assigned to a case in Los Angeles where he’s forced to work with a cocky African-American LAPD officer who has no interest in a partner. (Based on the feature film.)

LIFE IN PIECES (Comedy/Single-Cam)
WRITER: Justin Adler
CAST: Colin Hanks (Fargo), Betsy Brandt (Breaking Bad), James Brolin (Castle), Thomas Sadoski (The Newsroom), Angelique Cabral (Enlisted), Dianne Wiest (In Treatment), Dan Bakkedahl (The Mindy Project), Zoe Lister Jones
A comedy about one family told through the separate stories of its different family members.

Interesting list.  Can't say I'm going to miss anything on the cancelled list, which is probably why they've been cancelled.  I like the look of one or two of the new series, so I look forward to watching something new.

The new Criminal Minds with Gary Sinise looks fab.

I haven't heard of most of the cancelled shows. I watched Revenge and The Following but don't mind them being cancelled because they had both pretty much gone as far as they could.

There's a couple of interesting shows listed in the new batch, but nothing truly excites me.

A bit disappointed to see the end of Melissa & Joey, but we're only at the end of series 3 over here, so we've still got another series to watch.  It's a typical cheesy sitcom, but I can't help but like it. :D

Hope that The Mindy Project gets picked up as that's another one I like, although again, there's still a series to be shown over here, so I've got a little bit more to enjoy.

Oh no! I love The Mindy Project and can't believe they're cancelling it.  My mom will be so ticked-off.

Not too surprised about GracepointBroadchurch is far superior and I hate when an American version of something is created when the original is already perfect    It didn't work with Skins or Gracepoint because it just doesn't work!  Granted there are a few exceptions, but most of the time it is absolutely pointless.  I love David Tennant, but it was a little bizarre him playing the exact same character with an American accent.  Sorry, just needed that little rant. :motz:

I think Scream Queens looks really fun.

I watched the last two episodes of The Following last night. They must have really thought the show was going to be renewed, because it basically ended with an opening for a whole new chapter to start. Oh well. I'll have to let my imagination decide what happened next! :) I'm almost relieved that it's over; it was such a gory, violent show! :o

• 4 months later...

^^ Not surprised at all - mentioned this in t'other thread after the season 3 finale, they'd been stalling on it for so long - Syfy always cancels its best shows  :doh:

On the plus side, they wrapped it up pretty neatly at the end of season 3, so they obviously had an idea this was coming.

Edited by Karsa Orlong

Oh no! I love The Mindy Project and can't believe they're cancelling it.  My mom will be so ticked-off.

Not too surprised about GracepointBroadchurch is far superior and I hate when an American version of something is created when the original is already perfect    It didn't work with Skins or Gracepoint because it just doesn't work!  Granted there are a few exceptions, but most of the time it is absolutely pointless.  I love David Tennant, but it was a little bizarre him playing the exact same character with an American accent.  Sorry, just needed that little rant. :motz:

I think Scream Queens looks really fun.

Yes I agree about Gracepoint, I much preferred the UK series (sorry!) but funnily enough I thought the US ending was better - that was how I thought the UK version would end (ie the ID of the killer) and I was slightly disappointed by the UK ending, as another series had recently had exactly the same ending, and I thought it was too obvious to do it again.  I also thought DT's American casting was a bit odd, I'm assuming it was to give his US career a boost? 

Most of the cancelled series which I watched had, I think ,come to a natural end.  I'm intrigued to see Andrew McCarthy in one of the new series, haven't seen him for a long time!  Just crossing fingers that Person of Interest won't get cancelled - we're way behind here and have only just had series 3 so we've got a bit of catching up to do, but there were some great episodes in series 3 (4C was my favourite).

Yes I agree about Gracepoint, I much preferred the UK series (sorry!) but funnily enough I thought the US ending was better - that was how I thought the UK version would end (ie the ID of the killer) and I was slightly disappointed by the UK ending, as another series had recently had exactly the same ending, and I thought it was too obvious to do it again.  I also thought DT's American casting was a bit odd, I'm assuming it was to give his US career a boost? 

How did the US version end? Feel free to pm me or put in spoiers on this post. I really liked Broadchurch but the ending never really sat well with me. I only watched Gracepoint for 10 minutes, I love DT.. but that US accent wasn't great! :)

Yes his accent wasn't very good!  Haven't done spoilers here before so will try to type in "white" so that if you highlight it, you should be able to see it.  In the US version the policewoman's husband initially confessed, but then it turned out that their son accidentally killed him, which was how I thought the UK version would turn out.

Yes his accent wasn't very good!  Haven't done spoilers here before so will try to type in "white" so that if you highlight it, you should be able to see it.  In the US version the policewoman's husband initially confessed, but then it turned out that their son accidentally killed him, which was how I thought the UK version would turn out.

Yes, that was more along the lines of what I was expecting.. I suppose in a way though it was good that it was different to what I actually thought? Maybe.. 

There are a few of the shows I used to watch which have ended which I thought came to a natural conclusion but will still miss them all the same.  Defiance, Dominion and Falling Skies.

But I will miss Witches of East End, Motive and Rooky Blue.

I am sure there will be other shows which will take their place.

Still gutted at the loss of Forever - I really liked that show, Have given both Scream Queens and Minority Report a try, but was disappointed in both. :(

Yes I liked Forever as well, and there was a sweet quirkiness about it which was nice, plus Ioan Gruyfudd is very easy on the eye ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Minority Report has been canceled?  There has been maybe, 4 episodes and then now its not in any time slot.  I have them on DVR to watch.  Disappointing if so... or maybe not... not much chatter about it.

Does anyone know if Minority Report has been canceled?  There has been maybe, 4 episodes and then now its not in any time slot.  I have them on DVR to watch.  Disappointing if so... or maybe not... not much chatter about it.

There have been 7 episodes so far, with the season cut from 13 eps to 10.  Not looking good.

• 1 month later...

Yeah they never really knew what to do with it, and it didn't seem to be able to make up it's mind whether it wanted to be a comedy or a drama or a bit of both, I didn't dislike it but it was a bit of a mish-mash.