Entire Collections

Have you ever bought everything an author has written after reading just 1 book of theirs?

I did this after reading Panic by Jeff Abbott

Yep, after reading The Ladykiller by Martina Cole I now have all of her other books bar one, also the same goes for Karin Slaughter and Lesley Pearce. :D

After my nan bought me The Talisman by Stephen King & Peter Straub one Christmas, I was hooked on SK and now have a complete set. I honestly couldn't tell you why I didn't go for Peter Straub. After having re-read the book, I can't say who wrote which parts!

I bought all the Peter Robinson Inspector Banks books after reading the first one.

It has backfired on me though in the past - for instance with Erica James' books. I read two and loved them both, so bought all her others and didn't like any of them.

Yup - Pratchett was one author and Simon Scarrow another. I got in on the first book with Kelley Armstrong and have bought each of her books as they came out too.

I have all of John Sandford's books...well, except his newest one and the few that I lost when my old apartment flooded. I also have all of the Pendergast books by Preston/Child, and I'll pick up any Dickens I find. When my boyfriend first got into Hemingway, my parents gave us their collection, including a 1st edition of For Whom the Bell Tolls. Also, after I read Pride and Prejudice, my mother gave me leather-bound editions with two novels each on three consecutive Christmases.:D

I was hooked on Jane Austen after reading Pride and Prejudice. I got Emma and a new copy of Pride and Prejudice (the original was second-hand and fell apart when I read it) for Christmas last year and I went and bought the rest of her books.

Have you ever bought everything an author has written after reading just 1 book of theirs?

Indeed. There are many.

Bret Easton Ellis

Chuck Palahniuk

Don DeLillo

Umberto Eco

Alex Garland

Craig Clevenger

Charles Dickens

Jay McInerney

Will Christopher Baer

That's all I can think of right now.

Kell's post reminded me of Discworld. I haven't got them all yet, but I am collecting the entire series (I've only read the first 15 so far).
Oh, you've got some GREAT reads coming up - they just keep getting better and better!

Ooh yes, I do this all the time! There is nothing better than reading something you really enjoyed and then finding that the author has written loads of books. :eek2: I did this with:

Terry Pratchett

Stephen King

Dean Koontz

Philip Pullman

Carol Berg...

And now I've just discovered Harlen Coben and am probably going to get all his back catalogue. Great! :D