What Are You Watching Now? - 2015

Athena

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agents of SHIELD 3x05.  Blimey :o   Best ep of the series to date, I reckon.  Fantastic stuff :exc:

Ash vs Evil Dead 1x01.  Expected it to be rubbish, pleasantly surprised that it was BRILLIANT!  Perfect evocation of Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness.  Fabulous opening episode - haven't laughed so much in ages :lol::exc:

Watched the last episode of Castle which I agree there was no cliff hanger which I was expecting, especially as I had read there was one.  Thought this series got a lot better and started to make us laugh again.

Watched the three episodes of Midwinter of the Spirit thought it was a good programme to watch at Halloween, my hubby said he could not follow it but I thought it was good.

We both love Major Crimes which in my opinion they do not make enough of.

I enjoyed Sleepy Hollow, like Ichabod's new haircut ;)  

:giggle2:  Last week`s ep was another goodie.  :smile:

Thought Castle ended well, no cliffhanger so I wondered if they weren't sure if they would get another series when they filmed it? 

It did seem very show-endy, didn`t it.  :unsure:

Supergirl 1x01 - a bit manic but good fun :smile:

I caught this last Sunday - am I missing something? Is there some legal reason why Superman was never mentioned by name? He was always either "He" or "my cousin", which got a bit grating after a bit. Other than that, it was enjoyable.

I caught this last Sunday - am I missing something? Is there some legal reason why Superman was never mentioned by name? He was always either "He" or "my cousin", which got a bit grating after a bit. 

I didn't even notice that  :doh:  :lol:

We've just finished watching all 4 seasons of The Killing.  An American show based on a Danish noir type detective series. 

Absolutely fabulous! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1637727/

The first two seasons (13 eps each) are all devoted to one crime.  It unfolds as a book would with all the nuances and nooks and cranny's that a book has.  This is how books should be adapted!  Although it wasn't a book to begin with. 

The third season, again 13 eps, is another crime....then AMC cancelled the series after a gasp inducing cliff hanger!  Netflix picked it up for a 4th season that consists of only 6 eps.  But what episodes!! 

I cannot recommend this series highly enough!!  If you enjoy noir, detective stories, or just great twisty storylines.........watch it, if at all possible!

Edited by pontalba

Wow. That's difficult to believe!

No. It isn't available on Netflix, or a DVD we have a machine for......the region thing.

That`s such a shame - it`s so good that it inspired numerous articles in the British press about Sofie Grabol`s jumpers.  :D

Whee !!!   :clapping: Can`t wait till 21st Nov. :)

Me neither, woo hoo, best of all the Scandi shows. :D

Did anyone watch The Legacy?  Another Danish show but based on a family, so a bit like an upmarket soap opera, it has the guy who played the army sergeant in the second series of The Killing (Danish version), that was also brilliant.

Whee !!!   :clapping: Can`t wait till 21st Nov. :)

I liked the tag line: 'A New Saga Is Coming' :giggle2:

Did anyone watch The Legacy?  Another Danish show but based on a family, so a bit like an upmarket soap opera, it has the guy who played the army sergeant in the second series of The Killing (Danish version), that was also brilliant.

No, I saw it was on and completely forgot to watch it :doh:   Shall have to look out for it On Demand :smile:

Me neither, woo hoo, best of all the Scandi shows. :D

I wathced the first season and half of the second one, then gave up.  :smile: