Movies You're Looking Forward to in 2015

Karsa Orlong

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watch some of his videos on YouTube, so I've seen him quite a few times before. He does Vlogbrothers and Crash Course :). He also does a few other channels I think but I don't watch those as often. I also like his brother, Hank Green (he's also on those two channels I mentioned).

The Vlogbrothers are da bomb. Hank Green is actually my preferred brother, I absolutely adore that oversized manchild.

As for movies, I am DYING for Paper Towns. I thoroughly enjoyed the adapatation of The Fault In Our Stars, Paper Towns has the same cast and even has Nat Wolff in the main role (!!!!) and I just. Can't. Wait. Paper Towns is my favourite John Green novel, so you can imagine how excited I am.

The Vlogbrothers are da bomb. Hank Green is actually my preferred brother, I absolutely adore that oversized manchild.

As for movies, I am DYING for Paper Towns. I thoroughly enjoyed the adapatation of The Fault In Our Stars, Paper Towns has the same cast and even has Nat Wolff in the main role (!!!!) and I just. Can't. Wait. Paper Towns is my favourite John Green novel, so you can imagine how excited I am.

I really like Hank Green too! I also look forward to see Paper Towns, I hope to read the book this year too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just saw the trailer for the remake of 'Poltergeist' (I love the original film) ~ if anyone can do a good remake, its Sam Raimi :)

I just saw the trailer for the remake of 'Poltergeist' (I love the original film) ~ if anyone can do a good remake, its Sam Raimi :)

I liked the original film too, when I saw it when I was younger. I haven't seen it in years, not sure what I'd make of it today since horror isn't really my thing anymore. I hope the remake will be good, though! 

I can't wait to see what Tim Burton does with Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. (It's not coming out until 2016, unfortunately :(, but it's too early to start a 2016 thread!)

I didn't know there was going to be a film for this one, I hope it will be good :)! Tim Burton is certainly talented.

The Shaun the Sheep Movie - hoping to see it in a couple of weeks time :)

Awww .. should be good. Bless him :D

Good news about the Tim Burton Miss Peregrine film .. but will he cast Johnny? :D 

I was hoping for a new TinTin movie soon .. don't know how near we are to that.

No word on Depp, but Samuel L Jackson has been cast (to be honest, I can't even remember his character, Barron, from the book :blush2:). Eva Green will be Miss Peregrine. Asa Butterfield, who I know as Ender in Ender's Game and Bruno in The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas, will be Jacob. Ella Purnell has been cast as Emma. I don't think I've seen her in anything before, but apparently she's been in Maleficent. That's about it for the casting so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not sure how I missed this, but Bill Bryson's A Walk in the Woods has been made into a movie starring Robert Redford (yay!) and Nick Nolte (oh my goodness he's aged!) It's coming out in September, and I just saw this trailer:

I think it looks fantastic! AWitW is one of my favourite books by Bryson. I loved it so much that I wanted to hop on the next plane to the US and start hiking the Appalachian Trail myself. This will be the next best thing. :) The scenery looks stunning—way better than I imagined it while reading the book. :)

I'm looking forward to this too Kylie .. though I wish it wasn't starring Robert Redford. I'm sure he'll be excellent but I've always found him to be a bit of a pain .. that is .. someone who's a bit brusque etc .. and a bit 'don't you know who I am' in interviews etc. His acting of course is brilliant but it's like Meg Ryan. One of my fave films is You've Got Mail but since seeing her interview with Parky I can no longer quite believe in the lovely Kathleen Kelly .. though I know I should be able to separate the two  :blush2: Stephen Fry confirmed my opinion of Robert Redford in his biog (More Fool Me) .. he's quite a fan and he asked the American novelist/screenwriter William Goldman (who wrote the screenplay for Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid and All the President's Men amongst others) what Redford was like and he replied 'tell me .. what you would be like if for twenty-five years you'd never heard the word "no"'  :blush2:  :D 

I love Nick Nolte though and adore Bryson and, as I said, Redford will be excellent so I'm going to watch it .. definitely  :smile: 

Interested in the Moomin film too, though the cartoon series always freaked me out :D It put me off ever reading the books but I now think I probably missed out so intend to address that. Perhaps I shouldn't see the film in which case as it might send me back to square one  :D 

Interested in the Moomin film too, though the cartoon series always freaked me out :D It put me off ever reading the books but I now think I probably missed out so intend to address that. Perhaps I shouldn't see the film in which case as it might send me back to square one  :D 

Memories of watching Moomins on television with my mum when I was little make me very nostalgic, so I might go and see it this weekend.

Oh, that Minions trailer made me laugh. :rolol:

I look forward to A Walk In The Woods too. It's been many years since I read it.  I think it was one of the first Bryson books I read. I shall have to give it another read before I see the movie. :readingtwo: