Your Book Activity - October 2014

Athena

Picked up Ray Bradbury's The Halloween Tree (Thanks Steve!) on audio, a dramatization from a radio program.  3 chapters in and just getting started.  It's fun!  However, I have a pretty bad cold and have been sleeping a lot today :sleeping-smiley-009

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: :lol: :lol: You almost had it in the bag! 

Awww, Alex! :lol:   :hug:

:giggle: Ooops! 

The cat knew what it was doing :cat:

:wibbly: My poor innocent cat! Although not that innocent, quite cunning where food is concerned to be fair....

Not much reading time this weekend at all, but hope to finish The Shining in the spirit of the Hallowe'en readathon!

I congratulated myself on not being particularly scared reading The Shining, and then the cat miaowed and I jumped out of my skin.  :blush2:

:giggle2: 

I think I might have to save them up for the weekend, as my working week just seems to be so hectic these days, and I don't have much energy when I get home. One day this week I was in bed before 9pm. :blush2:

Good luck! I hope you feel more rested soon :). I go to bed at 9 pm quite often :blush2:, though lately I've been trying to go a bit later than that. 

I finished Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? yesterday. The rest of the book was as good as the first half and it took me almost no time at all to read it. I have started Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World by Haruki Murakami.

I hope you enjoy it :)! I've heard good things about it (the book is on my wishlist). 

Nearing the end of Eyes Of The Dragon - Stephen King, should have finished it days ago but been too tired from work & end up getting through 2 pages and falling asleep

Are you liking the book? One of my old friends said that was one of his favourite Stephen Kings. I have it on my TBR.

Picked up Ray Bradbury's The Halloween Tree (Thanks Steve!) on audio, a dramatization from a radio program.  3 chapters in and just getting started.  It's fun!  However, I have a pretty bad cold and have been sleeping a lot today

I hope you feel better soon :flowers2:, so you can enjoy more of the book :).

I started to read Scott Meyer - Magic 2.0 1: Off to Be the Wizard, a comedic fantasy / science-fiction book about a man who finds out he can hack reality. I'm currently on page 53 and am really enjoying it so far.

I downloaded some books for the Hallowe'en read-a-thon yesterday:

Hell's Belles by Paul Magrs (Brenda and Effie book 4)

Bitter Blood by Rachel Caine (Morganville Vampires book 13)

Fall of Night by Rachel Caine (Morganville Vampires book 14)

Daylighters by Rachel Caine (Morganville Vampires book 14)

I also popped into the new bookshop in my town, and am pleased to see the selection is improving.  In fact, I was delighted to see some more translated fiction appearing on the shelves.  One book has definitely gone on my wish list and once I've cleared the decks, I'll probably buy it.

I also popped into the new bookshop in my town, and am pleased to see the selection is improving.  In fact, I was delighted to see some more translated fiction appearing on the shelves.  One book has definitely gone on my wish list and once I've cleared the decks, I'll probably buy it.

That's great news! Which book did you add on your wishlist?

I started A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman last night in bed, and I'm really enjoying it. I'll be popping in in the Halloween Readathon thread to read about other people's reading soon! :smile2: 

My niece sent me a message on FB a few weeks ago telling me of a new independent book shop near where she lives.  I imagine it's the same one, Claire.  :)  I must try to visit it some day.  Peter sometimes plays hockey not too far away so if the timing works out I might have a lift over and have a mooch round whilst he's playing.

I think I might have to save them up for the weekend, as my working week just seems to be so hectic these days, and I don't have much energy when I get home. One day this week I was in bed before 9pm. :blush2:

I finished The Crow Road. What a relief to finish it! It had some very good parts, but mostly it was a confusing (for me, anyway) mismash. I've started Capital by John Lanchester, which has received many positive comments on here recently. Good so far!

I really liked Capital by Lanchester, terrific intrigue all the way through it.