What's the weather like?

Virginia

I know we have not got the horrendous weather that some parts of the world have got but come on this is supposed to be the back end of the summer and I have just put the heating on as it has not stopped raining and it is very cold.

I really feel for those who are having to leave their homes and move elsewhere because of the hurricanes.  Certainly would not like to be there and living through it.  My heart goes out to all those who are having to live through it.

It hasn't been too bad here - it is still warm enough to wear my shorts to work and I managed to sit outside for lunch. We had some rain showers this morning and it has been a bit blustery, but I love this kind of weather, so for me it's great. You can feel autumn in the air now.    

7 hours ago, Madeleine said:

Pretty here too, nice and sunny but I'm into light layers now - long sleeved top, cardigan and a fleece, shorts.....no way warm enough for those!

I will be wearing mine for at least another few weeks Madeline - I have an active job so I guess this makes a difference, and I don't feel the cold like a lot of others. To me it isn't really cold until the temperature drops below 5 degrees and it won't be doing that until a lot nearer Christmas with any luck.   

Hey y'all! 

I am SOOOOO tired! I had ALLLLLL the littles since yesterday afternoon. I had to wash 6 heads and style two. And let me tell you, doing hair on a 4 and 3 year old is nerve wracking, lol! I washed loads of clothes, bathed said six littles, fed six littles plus a few bigg'uns, cleaned house, saw my client ran some errands and made phone calls. This morning I got the kids up, dressed and fed and went to their house to pick up their mommy for an early morning stroll through our downtown farmers market. They LOVED it! DD was so glad to get out of the house. She's literally been imprisoned in her home in Texas as her hubby is gone several weeks at a time and she's home with 6 kids and no way to get around with so many and having no transportation. He would take the kids for outings to give her a break but when he was home, the time was mainly spent doing big grocery shopping to last til his next visit and a few doctor's appointments. That was it. So now she can get out and explore and have some fun.

After dropping them off at home, I went to Walmart to pick up my guilty pleasure, Lindy's Lemon Icee. Got home, put stuff away and showered. I am now eating some chocolate covered caramel with sea salt, drinking a glass of wine and making plans to do the same thing tomorrow.

Funny story. I use Google maps to find my way around her neighborhood. By now, I pretty much know where I am but keep it on anyway. The oldest grandson asked if I were dropping the four youngest at their home with their mommy and taking the two older boys with me. I told them that I was "so sorry but I would have to leave them at home." Then I said, "I lied, I wont miss you at all." Imagine my surprise when Google maps responded by saying "I'm sorry but I don't know what to do with I lied, I wont miss you at all!" OMGosh!!! It was the funniest thing!!

Have a great day/evening everyone!

We have a guy who wears shorts nearly all year round, but on Thursday even he was cold.  I asked him if he'd be putting his shorts away for the winter, and he said it was too soon!  so good luck with the shorts Talisman!

Very cold here had to put the heating on Thursday evening as it was so cold, mind you we had just got caught in a down pour as we went out for a walk which did not help.

I don't think we are going to get an indian summer here this year just as well going away soon.

Our house is quite cold now, putting the heating on for much longer periods in the evenings. But it's still frequently quite warm in the afternoons outside. It rarely drops below 14-16 degrees over the course of the day. Which to me, is not cold. it's not cold until it's in single digits. Today it's very cloudy, but dry, and there are patches of blue sky. I don't think it will rain, though the forecast says it might, later.

Yes we've had the heating on in the evening as well, but during the day, if it's sunny, it's quite pleasant.  It chucked it down with rain last night  though.  Quite nice today and meant to get a bit warmer, so we might get a bit of an Indian summer yet!;)