What's the weather like?

Virginia

Well after a weekend of unsettled weather, one minute raining the next cloudy and overcast, the sun didn't get through at all.  Monday morning back at work and yes the sun has come out. 

Very warm and sunny here. Up to 25 degrees today, and 27 tomorrow. Not sure what the temperature was yesterday but I couldn't stand even sitting in it (having breakfast) for more than 15-20 minutes. Still quite warm/humid at night too.

It was pretty unsettled in my area over the weekend too - dull on Saturday, with a couple of brief showers, and yesterday was very muggy, also with a couple of showers, and one brief downpour around 1900, but not that nice overall.  Today is warm and sunny so far (as Shirley says, typical when we're back at work!)

Edited by Madeleine

We finally got the storm last night - lightning flashed around for ages, almost continuously, for quite a long time - I stood watching it out of the window for about 20 minutes, it was behind the clouds most of the time and looked amazing, although there was no rain and the thunder was a long way off, just a faint rumbling - eventually it woke me up around 4.15, with torrential rain and thunder overhead.  Very muggy now and looking threatening again.

Wow Raven, that is an awesome picture.

We were supposed to get thunderstorms yesterday afternoon, evening and night, but I haven't noticed much. I was quite tired yesterday evening due to adjusting to my new medication, so perhaps I slept deeper than normally or something. Yesterday afternoon it rained a little bit, but that was it. I don't know if there was a thunderstorm last night, maybe my boyfriend heard something, I could ask him later. More thunderstorms are predicted for today, It's looking pretty dark now, so maybe there'll be rain later.

That's an incredible photo, Raven!

We didn't have any thunder/lighting that I'm aware of, but we never get extreme weather in Cork (except heat, by Irish standards!) We never get thunder storms and we never get snow. We just get heavy rain and hailstone.

Today is cool and rainy, as it has been for the past two days. I was boiling on Mon/Tues (literally had sweat dripping down my face whilst doing nothing more than sitting at my desk on the computer) so I'm extremely grateful for this respite.

A mix of lovely sunny spells and then torrential rain storms!  I went out this morning, and it was dry, then it poured down while I was out, and the drive home through some flooded country lanes, so slow speeds and trying to try around huge puddles where possible was the order of the day.

Same here - yesterday morning  was lovely...until about noon when it started raining and didn't really stop all day.  Today was threatening to rain, and it finally started about 15 minutes ago.