What's the weather like?

Virginia

It's been hot. The last 2 days were 90F, and today is 85. We got our portable air conditioner installed in our bedroom, so we're much more comfortable at night, at least. But the heat makes my joints ache for some reason. (maybe I'm just getting old)

Very hot again, Saturday was sunny but yesterday was very muggy, and last night was very hot.  Meant to get even hotter this week :hide: getting a bit fed up with the mega-heat, and I got bitten under my eye yesterday which is quite sore and swelled up last night:angry:

I'm sorry to hear about your eye, I hope it gets better soon :(.

It's quite hot here too. A heatwave is expected and the whole country (of the Netherlands) has 'code yellow', special attention should be given to the elderly and other groups of people who suffer more in the heat than most. Certain events have been cancelled. Temperatures of 34 °C are expected where I live. The drought is difficult for everyone, including farmers. It was in the newspaper this morning a lot of them might go bankrupt or have huge financial issues, because most are not insured against extreme weather conditions, and there isn't as much to harvest as usually. I'm pretty sick of the heat, I would love for it to get a bit cooler and have some rain. I got stung by a bee or another bug in the garden today. It is hot outside, and it's also hot inside (the bakery). Sleeping is more difficult because it's hot in the bedroom, it's hot everywhere in the bakery.

I hope it cools down soon, in lots of places in the world it is a lot warmer than usually in this time of year.

Thanks Athena, hope your sting gets better soon as well and isn't too painful.  I wish it would be a bit cooler too, especially at night.  We've also had warnings about the elderly and young, although I think everyone is starting to find it uncomfortable now.  They're expecting 30/31 in places here.  It must be unbearable in the bakery.

We had a bit of a reprieve from the heat the past 2 or 3 days, with temps in the mid-70s, but starting today, we're back up into the high 80s and 90s. :dry:

16 hours ago, Madeleine said:

Thanks Athena, hope your sting gets better soon as well and isn't too painful.  I wish it would be a bit cooler too, especially at night.  We've also had warnings about the elderly and young, although I think everyone is starting to find it uncomfortable now.  They're expecting 30/31 in places here.  It must be unbearable in the bakery.

Thanks Madeleine :). The sting feels a lot better today, it doesn't hurt anymore. Me too. It was so hot yesterday it gave me a bad headache. I hope it won't be too bad for you in the South-East of England. 32 °C is expected here today, and Thursday and Friday 35 °C is expected :icon_eek:.

8 hours ago, Echo said:

We had a bit of a reprieve from the heat the past 2 or 3 days, with temps in the mid-70s, but starting today, we're back up into the high 80s and 90s. :dry:

I hope it won't be too bad for you :(.