Malazan: Deadhouse Gates discussion thread (spoilers)

Karsa Orlong

Hmm, I think my problem with Kalam's story in this book is that his plan to kill the empress is sort of sidelined for much of the book. It only really re-surfaces near the end, at which point we're more concerned with wanting to know how Pormqual is going to respond to Korbolo Dom. That's how I felt, anyway. :shrug:

Yeah, I love how Toblakai is forced to talk about Heboric rather than to him because of his vow not to speak to him again. Very childish. :lol:

Can't wait for Memories of Ice!! When shall we start it?? :exc: Are we continuing the trend of starting the thread on the 20th? :giggle2:

Edited by Signor Finzione

Hmm, I think my problem with Kalam's story in this book is that his plan to kill the empress is sort of sidelined for much of the book. It only really re-surfaces near the end, at which point we're more concerned with wanting to know how Pormqual is going to respond to Korbolo Dom. That's how I felt, anyway. :shrug:

I know what you mean.  I guess I never felt that way because the Chain of Dogs storyline was so intense I kind of needed the break away from it to take in the other storylines.  I always liked the stuff with Kalam and Apt, and Keneb and co, and then him taking on multiple Hands is just pure awesome :cool:  Have I mentioned that he was always my favourite character, apart from Karsa :D

Yeah, I love how Toblakai is forced to talk about Heboric rather than to him because of his vow not to speak to him again. Very childish. :lol:

I did laugh when he told her cut out Heboric's tongue.  I was thinking, 'Yeah, please do!' :giggle2: 

Can't wait for Memories of Ice!! When shall we start it?? :exc: Are we continuing the trend of starting the thread on the 20th? :giggle2:

I wasn't aware it was a trend :lol:  I guess finishing a book around the 20th is probably a hint that I should start MoI :lol:

I know what you mean.  I guess I never felt that way because the Chain of Dogs storyline was so intense I kind of needed the break away from it to take in the other storylines.  I always liked the stuff with Kalam and Apt, and Keneb and co, and then him taking on multiple Hands is just pure awesome :cool:  Have I mentioned that he was always my favourite character, apart from Karsa :D

Kalam's one of your favourite characters? I had no idea. ;)

I love the stuff when it's him and Quick Ben together, but don't have much time for him when he's going solo (a solo assassin? :giggle2: ). Dunno why, because he's awesome. :shrug:

I wasn't aware it was a trend :lol:  I guess finishing a book around the 20th is probably a hint that I should start MoI :lol:

Nooo, I meant that you started the GotM thread on 20th July, and then the DG thread on 20th August. I noticed the other day and wondered whether it was deliberate. :)

I love the stuff when it's him and Quick Ben together, but don't have much time for him when he's going solo (a solo assassin? :giggle2: ). Dunno why, because he's awesome. :shrug:

Weirdo :D 

Nooo, I meant that you started the GotM thread on 20th July, and then the DG thread on 20th August. I noticed the other day and wondered whether it was deliberate. :)

Believe it or not, I had worked that out :lol:

One thing that caught me by surprise this time through was how quickly certain parts seemed to go by.  Like the stuff with Felisin and co at Skullcup.  For some reason, in my memory, that bit seemed to go on for a long time and I wasn't looking forward to it, but it was actually over pretty fast and didn't drag at all  :shrug:

One thing that caught me by surprise this time through was how quickly certain parts seemed to go by.  Like the stuff with Felisin and co at Skullcup.  For some reason, in my memory, that bit seemed to go on for a long time and I wasn't looking forward to it, but it was actually over pretty fast and didn't drag at all  :shrug:

Yeah, I actually thought they spent a lot more time at the mine than they actually did, and the journey across the desert didn't seem to take that long either. It felt almost ridiculous, how they were talking like they'd been there for years when really it was only a couple of weeks. :giggle2: