Hello everyone

Merflerher

As usual, I've leapt straight in and posted on various threads without noticing there's an introductions thread...doh!

Anyways, I'm Margaret aka Merflerher (nickname invented by one of my pupils). I'm a school librarian in a boys school in South London, I'm 50 going on 18 and I read anything that comes my way. I run a very large library, over 30K books, and I try to speed read everything we acquire. I've also kept a reading diary since 1972. I'm currently going through a nostalgia phase and trying to track down some of the books I read as a child.

Glad to have found this site and I hope I'll make a lot of friends here:D

As usual, I've leapt straight in and posted on various threads without noticing there's an introductions thread...doh!

I did the same thing. I think a lot of folk do :thud:

I've also kept a reading diary since 1972.

Thats very impressive. Do you go back over it sometimes?

Glad to have found this site and I hope I'll make a lot of friends here:D

Glad to have you here. Hope you enjoy!

Welcome, Margaret! It's nice to have another librarian here. I'm planning on going to school for my MLIS degree to become a librarian, and I know I'll try to read everything I see! I hope you have fun here!

Hello and :thud:, Margaret. What an unusual nickname - how did your pupil come to award it to you?

I'm usually known as Mrs FH to my pupil librarians. My initials are MLFH, and I use all of them when I'm signing things. One of the boys was commenting on it and playfully muttering them and came up with 'muhleferher' which quickly became merflerher, and now they all call me that.

Hello and welcome - hope you enjoy it here.

I know what you mean about being nostalgic about childhood books - I've put a lot of mine on LibraryThing even if I don't still have them just to see the covers again.