The last film you saw - 2014

Michelle

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I can take a break from the wonderful book I am engaged in, tomorrow I might rent a movie on my Kindle.  Not sure what yet, I'm deciding between Nebraska, Dallas Buyers Club, Winter's Bone or 12 Years a Slave (which I just finished reading).  Any input?

I thought Winter's Bone was an excellent book and film :smile:

sab_zps6e3d02a6.jpg

Decent action movie with lots of blood and splatter but all the way through as much as i love Arnie i couldnt help thinking hes just too old for action movies now.

index_zps25aedc87.jpg

Funny parody of Conjuring, Paranormal Activity etc, had me laughing all the way through!

I just looked up who Lizzie Borden was. Very interesting! I guess the film has her as being guilty.....

That would be a spoiler :smile:

She got off scott free and they never convicted anyone!

Edited by Anna Begins

That would be a spoiler :smile:

It's done :).

I haven't yet watched any film since I started on my medication. By the time it's evening my medication has stopped working and the evening is when we traditionally watched films. I have managed to watch at most two episodes of a half an hour TV show. But tonight we're going to try and watch a film, so hope it goes allright (we plan to watch The Lego Movie).

The Lincoln Lawyer. I didn't catch it right from the start so when I put it on I didn't expect to get on with it but it grabbed me halfway through. Very good. I have to say Matthew McConaughey was very good, and I like seeing him in more serious movies. Well done! 

I'm going to take the plunge and watch 12 Years a Slave.  My friend is giving me tons of harassment, saying I can't watch Reservoir Dogs, but I'm going to watch 12 Years.   

The Lincoln Lawyer. I didn't catch it right from the start so when I put it on I didn't expect to get on with it but it grabbed me halfway through. Very good. I have to say Matthew McConaughey was very good, and I like seeing him in more serious movies. Well done! 

I don't think Matthew McConaughey gets enough credit.  I really want to see Dallas Buyer's Club:

McConaughey lost 47 pounds (21 kg) for the role, going from 183 pounds (83 kg) to 136 pounds (62 kg).  He reportedly stayed indoors in his Texas mansion for six months to become paler and ceased socializing. When he reached as low as 143 lbs, his eyesight began to fail.  He began to feel extremely weak to the point that he would be sore from doing five push-ups and his legs would lock up after running 30 feet.  Jared Leto lost over 30 pounds (14 kg) for the role and confessed to having stopped eating to lose weight quicker; his lowest record weight was 114 pounds (52 kg).

BTW- It's good to see you around again, Frankie :smile:

Edited by Anna Begins

8/10. Such a shame watching this knowing what just happened to Robin Williams.He makes every role he played his own and there will be no one like him again, RIP

I wanted to watch Dead Poets Society right after hearing.  Tiburon, California, where he lived, is only a half hour away from me.  And the house Mrs. Doubtfire was filmed.  Both have become shrines.  He lead the news- all of the news (didn't think a full hour was necessary, on every channel yet) last night.  It's really sad.