The last film you saw - 2014

Michelle

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Channel hopping the other night and found that Aliens was on.  Naturally, despite owning it already, I sat and watched it for about the kazillionth time.  Never get tired of that film :D

Channel hopping the other night and found that Aliens was on.  Naturally, despite owning it already, I sat and watched it for about the kazillionth time.  Never get tired of that film :D

I've done that a lot - it's so much more tempting when it comes on, rather than having to dig out the DVD and go to all the effort of putting it on! :)

Yesterday we watched Ender's Game, which was quite good, I liked it.

I'm interested to see what they've done with this film.

The Book Thief...loved it

It's funny isn't it? Most of us really liked it (all of us I think) but the critics have mauled it. I read a review last week that said it was 'a real stinker!' :confused: A too sanatised view of nazi Germany apparently?!? .. I think they're missing the point of the story.

It's funny isn't it? Most of us really liked it (all of us I think) but the critics have mauled it. I read a review last week that said it was 'a real stinker!' :confused: A too sanatised view of nazi Germany apparently?!? .. I think they're missing the point of the story.

Really? That's a shame. As you said, they've clearly missed the point. Perhaps they should have read the book first.

Really? That's a shame. As you said, they've clearly missed the point. Perhaps they should have read the book first.

Diane enjoyed it without having read the book but, I agree, you can bring so much more to it yourself if you've read the story. Alan liked the film but is loving the book and keeps saying 'they should've put that bit in' :D Difficult though .. to whittle it down without losing the essence of the story. 

Anyway .. we the readers are the important ones to please and I think they did that. Who cares about film critics? :D  

The Grand Budapest Hotel got middling-to-bad reviews too but viewers love it based on Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB ratings.....I would watch that film again anytime it's one for the home collection...so I say this to the critics   :harhar:

The Grand Budapest Hotel got middling-to-bad reviews too but viewers love it based on Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB ratings.....I would watch that film again anytime it's one for the home collection...so I say this to the critics   :harhar:

Yes .. I'll join you :harhar:

I'm guessing most of them haven't read the book as well

Come And See (Idi I Smotri)  , russian film about world war 2, more of a propaganda film.

Very hard to watch that film. The horror of it. Surprised you found it a propaganda film though. It's very anti-war.  I find films like Black Hawk Down and We Were Soldiers to be just pure propaganda. 

Very hard to watch that film. The horror of it. Surprised you found it a propaganda film though. It's very anti-war.  I find films like Black Hawk Down and We Were Soldiers to be just pure propaganda. 

I just thought it didnt show the bad things the russians done in the war so made me think it was propaganda