The last film you saw - 2014

Michelle

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw it a long time ago, and liked it.  We have the collection on DVD...not sure when we'll get to it though.

x

I'm glad to hear you liked it too :). We've finished watching the second half a while ago, I forgot to post about it. I quite enjoyed the film.

Yesterday we watched Made of Honour, which I thought was quite enjoyable (other than some of the Scottish stuff being a bit stereotypical).

x

I'm glad to hear you liked it too :). We've finished watching the second half a while ago, I forgot to post about it. I quite enjoyed the film.

Yesterday we watched Made of Honour, which I thought was quite enjoyable (other than some of the Scottish stuff being a bit stereotypical).

Oh, I'm glad you liked the last half. :)

Last night we watched the original War of the Worlds film, with Gene Barry.  The quality of the film was excellent.  It was made in 1953, and we were both surprised that it was so well done. 

I watched Quantum Of Solace at the weekend. Hadn't seen it before, but we sat open mouthed at the opening car chase scene, as we have driven that road in Italy! I think we may have driven along it a bit slower than Bond, and I don't recall any shooting - but definitely the same road! :D

Stardust

To my mind, the perfect fairy tale adventure film. 

Yes I never tire of watching this! I am a fan of Mark Strong (Septimus). I saw him once on the London Underground. I wish I had said hello.

Saw We Were Soldiers. I really think this is one of Mel Gibson's worst movies. The battle scenes were good but the whole movie was stuffed full of cheap moralizing mixed with sugary sentimentalism (as soon as somebody introduces themselves and tell a bit of their life story you know they are going to die before the film is over) with a huge dollop of "God is on our side!" on top. And Gibson's acting is simply awful. This one is going to be traded in ASAP.

I watched Quantum Of Solace at the weekend. Hadn't seen it before, but we sat open mouthed at the opening car chase scene, as we have driven that road in Italy! I think we may have driven along it a bit slower than Bond, and I don't recall any shooting - but definitely the same road! :D

Very cool!  :cool:

Saw We Were Soldiers. I really think this is one of Mel Gibson's worst movies. The battle scenes were good but the whole movie was stuffed full of cheap moralizing mixed with sugary sentimentalism (as soon as somebody introduces themselves and tell a bit of their life story you know they are going to die before the film is over) with a huge dollop of "God is on our side!" on top. And Gibson's acting is simply awful. This one is going to be traded in ASAP.

I stopped watching Gibson's films years ago.  I finally realized that he truly enjoys hurting himself in those films.....couldn't stand it anymore. 

Yesterday we rewatched The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn, which was great.

Great film .. looking forward to the sequel :)

Went to see The Book Thief yesterday and, on the whole, enjoyed it. Not perfect ... hardly any film is when you've loved the book so much but lots to like about it.

Thought Sophie Nélisse was excellent as Liesel.