Michelle

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mel Gibson was hot in the first two movies :o

I had such a crush on him during his Lethal Weapon days. I have Mad Max on my shelf (still in it's wrapping) to be watched, but I've just read your spoiler, and I don't know if I will watch it now. :thud:

Just finished watching The Shining. I'd say I definitely prefer the book, and the ending confused me a little

when it showed that Jack Torrance had been caretaker back in 1921.

The little boy (Danny) creeped me out too, though I don't think that was intentional. :D

Loved his name too.. Dog! :D He was one of the main reasons Steve wanted a Cattle Dog.

Yep, a good name for a dog :D I loved the bit when

he was holding onto the thing with the gun, keeping that one guy as a prisoner, while Max was driving on, and there was a rabbit running by and we all thought oh dear, if the dog notices the rabbit... Hilarious :D

Well I'm very happy about the Mad Max movies if they prompted you guys to get a Cattle dog :D Good choice :smile2:

I had such a crush on him during his Lethal Weapon days. I have Mad Max on my shelf (still in it's wrapping) to be watched, but I've just read your spoiler, and I don't know if I will watch it now. :thud:

Oh :(

There are no excuses for killing dogs and dogs dying is never something one would like to watch, but he died a courageous death and they didn't show the death itself, they didn't show the dog dying. If that helps :empathy: 

I would say watch the movie, because Mel Gibson was hot as heck :giggle2: And I've never personally been a fan, looks-wise. (The Cattle dog is in the second movie only. Oh and

another dog is killed in the first movie. Again, they don't show the death or killing, but they show his mutilated, hung body :( 

)

Just watched District 9 - a strange film, I'm not sure whether I liked it or not!

I like it, it's a nice change to see some mainstream sci-fi that hasn't come from the US.

x

I liked it too, though I had to get used to the way it's filmed at first.

x

Just finished watching The Shining. I'd say I definitely prefer the book, and the ending confused me a little.

x

I'm glad to hear you prefer the book. When I was young I watched the film and liked it so hopefully I'll like the book even more.

Saw the Coen Brother's remake of True Grit over the weekend. I thought it was excellent. I can't compare it with the original, as I don't believe I've ever seen that. my dad was a big Western fan, but wasn't keen on John Wayne.

Saw the Coen Brother's remake of True Grit over the weekend. I thought it was excellent. I can't compare it with the original, as I don't believe I've ever seen that. my dad was a big Western fan, but wasn't keen on John Wayne.

I thought the Coen Brothers' version was very good.  I still prefer the original, though :smile:

Just watched District 9 - a strange film, I'm not sure whether I liked it or not! 

Bet you don't look at prawns in the same way again.

I like it, it's a nice change to see some mainstream sci-fi that hasn't come from the US.

Love that film! :wub::D

I thought District 9 was a great film, managing to be original and thought provoking.

Yesterday we watched the first half of Die Hard. I felt too tired to continue but was enjoying it more than I thought I would. My boyfriend has seen it lots of times but he wasn't sure if I would like it, but I do so far so that's good :).

The Counselor- Great movie,One of the best opening scenes I have seen in a long time.Had to do a double take on what genre I was watching. :blush2:

Hah, yes.  Very true. :)

But one heck of a film!  Man, that Cormac McCarthy is fabulous. 

Yesterday we watched the first half of Die Hard. I felt too tired to continue but was enjoying it more than I thought I would. My boyfriend has seen it lots of times but he wasn't sure if I would like it, but I do so far so that's good :).

I saw it a long time ago, and liked it.  We have the collection on DVD...not sure when we'll get to it though. 

'Captain Phillips'. It's a very well made film, but just not my cup of tea.

That was my impression (for me), we saw the previews a couple of times at the show.  It looks like it's slickly made, well put together, and good actors.  It just gives me the shivers.  Maybe too real?  Plus there is the fact that no matter how I look at him, I just don't care for Tom Hanks.  I can't put my finger on why, it just is.