Hello Everyone.

bballuk

Hi, Everyone first time posting here and never been a part of a book forum before.

My name is Wayne, I'm 22 and from Nottingham (UK). I only started reading books about year or so ago never picked one up before then. I don't know to many people who enjoy reading books so it hard for me to find new ones I like.

I mostly like to read Urban Fantasy or anything to do with myth's, I've started reading mystery, thrillers and detective books. My favorite authors are.

• Kevin Hearne
  • Weeks, Brent
  • John Grisham
  • Michelle Paver
  • Jim Butcher
  • Michael Scott

and a lot more lol. I think there has only bee like two or three books I've picked up and could not finish.

I'm not sure what else I can say lol not very good at expressing my self and posting about my self I'm surprised I got this far :) I mostly signed up to site to find new and better books to read as I read a lot lately. Internet say on average a person reads 15 books I year I don't know if that's true because the first years I started reading I read 102.

So I guess what Im saying is i all ways need something new to read.

Hello Wayne and welcome to the forum! Which Jim Butcher books have you read? I recently ordered a copy of the first Dresden Files book, somebody recommended it to me on here and I'm curious :) I know you said you mostly like urban fantasy, but if you like Dresden Files and since you also read crime books, you might like the Dexter series by Jeff Lindsay (it's the book series on which the TV series is based).

102 books last year? That's a lot for a 'new' reader (and well, for anyone, for that matter :D)! :) I hope you enjoy the forum!

Edited by frankie

Hello Wayne and welcome to the forum! Which Jim Butcher books have you read? I recently ordered a copy of the first Dresden Files book, somebody recommended it to me on here and I'm curious :) I know you said you mostly like urban fantasy, but if you like Dresden Files and since you also read crime books, you might like the Dexter series by Jeff Lindsay (it's the book series on which the TV series is based).

102 books last year? That's a lot for a 'new' reader (and well, for anyone, for that matter :D)! :) I hope you enjoy the forum!

I have read all the Dresden Files Series. I think there one of the best books ever lol (first book I ever read). Also if you like Dresden Files you will also like Kevin Hearne "The Iron Druid Series".

I've thought about reading the Dexter book before but there suppose to be nothing like the TV Show which put me off a bit.

I know 102 is a lot I had spare time also if a book is good like Dresden Files I read one a day before bed each night. I try to read 1 or 2 book minimum each week.

Welcome bballuk .102 is excellent. You really got the bug. I am interested in that because you confess to being such a complete non reader before.  Do you feel different about books now? Do you think that you could just go back to how you used to be, knowing that you have enjoyed some great books and there are thousands out there you have not read? 

Well the only reason I did not read before was in school the books they made you read were not very good and even if you did find a good one it took like an hour to get through a couple of pages with 30 other people reading it with you at the same time. When I started reading it took me a while to finish the books I started but the more I read the better and quicker I get at finishing them.

The first few books I started with were:

Dresden Files - Jim Butcher
The Time Machine - H.G. Wells
and the original Sherlock Holmes books.

I still watched a lot of TV Shows and Movies but not as much as before since I've started reading. The books are a lot better than most TV Shows and Movies released these days and as you said there are so many more books out there to read with me being a bit OCD as well I'm always trying to read more and more.

I think the only thing that bothers me is that my school never forcing us to start reading so I wasted my teenage years not reading a single book, I've only just read the Harry Potter books (LOL) a few months back and they where amazing would have been great to read them as a kid.

I don't think I could stop reading books now I've started
there are books to be published in 2 to 3 years time that I can't wait to read. I think the only downside to books is it takes most author a year to write each one, like the last Dresden Files I waiting a whole year to get the book and read it in 4 hours, now I'm waiting again for the next one.

I would read a lot more if I was not always buying or going library and I started reading eBooks but looking at computer screen for that amount of time gives me headaches and it not comfortable. If I'm spending money on something I want to be able to hold it in my hands and
feel. (I don't know if it just me :D ).

I have read all the Dresden Files Series. I think there one of the best books ever lol (first book I ever read). Also if you like Dresden Files you will also like Kevin Hearne "The Iron Druid Series".

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll see how I get on with Dresden Files and then maybe try Hearne :)

I've thought about reading the Dexter book before but there suppose to be nothing like the TV Show which put me off a bit.

How do you mean? I love the TV show, but I love the books, too. They are both great. The first season of the show is pretty much like the first book, but there are a few differences... After that there are different plotlines. But I think that's only good! This way you get so many more different Dexter stories :D

Welcome here! I also like John Grisham's books, I've read a few and earlier this year bought some more but I haven't read them yet (I have a lot of books that I haven't read yet). I have four Brent Weeks books but haven't read them yet. 102 books, that's a lot! I read a lot too (or try to at least), so far this year I've read more than 100 books, so I'm hoping to keep that up. I hope you like it here :).

Welcome to the BCF bballuk :smile: 

...and the original Sherlock Holmes books.

I have only just stared reading the Sherlock Holmes books recently  :blush2:, but I wish I had read them earlier - they were the beginning of forensic science :smile:

I hope that you enjoy the Forums.

Hello bballuck, welcome from me as well :smile: Hope that you will read all kinds of genres, because it's only through trying all kinds of books that we find what we like, and also makes us think!Don't be put off trying Dickens, Thomas Hardy, and all the books  given the label of a 'classic' dip into everything!!!! :readingtwo: