Desert Island Essentials

they will be delivered to you soon Athena. Where are you going to attach your book shelf [a tree maybe?]Do you need screws and tools?

x

I actually meant a book case, but yes, tools would be good:

I'd like:

- A screwdriver and some screws

- Thicker clothes to protect from the colder weather

- Something to make food warmer, ie. a solar powered stove with a pan or fire starting abilities or something like that.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pies! (my tummy has suddenly decided that a pies would be nice)

Some wool (so I can crochet any scarves or warm clothing that I may need)

And some crochet hooks

Pies! (my tummy has suddenly decided that a pies would be nice)

Some wool (so I can crochet any scarves or warm clothing that I may need)

And some crochet hooks

what kind of pies? If you don't tell them at Desert Island Supplies exactly what you want , they are liable to send something quite wrong.Mmmmmmmnnnn pies [i want apple pie now!]

I am impressed, you can crochet! Needless to say, I can't.Will you crochet me a Winter hat and send it to my island?

Steak pie and Apple pie and pecan pie...

I am still learning but sure I will send it to you right away, any colour preference?

yes, bright green please with a bobble on the top [pom-pom.]be sure to send it first class island mail!

I ordered an apple pie, but forgot to send for cream, never mind, it will be nice to eat with a cup of coffee.

I also ordered another dog, as Claypso is getting lonely and needs another dog to frisk about with. I requested something small like a terrier. :smile:

One bright green wool hat with a bubble on the top on its way, sent by the fastest of mail services!

Apple pie with icecream is good to...I have always wondered what Mississippi mud pie tastes like.

Puppy are so cute, they think everything is wonderful. What are you going to name him/her?

Oh VImes! The green hat is gorgeous!! :giggle2: Can't wait to wear it, you are so clever with a crochet hook. Had  a note to say my pup will be delivered next Monday, yay. They are sending me a Cairn terrier, which I shall name Fudge.Calypso is very excited too.

So I now need;

2 more food /water bowls for dogs

extra dog food and biscuits

and another dog basket [in case they don't want to share!]

Thank you again for the hat..... :flowers2:

:D :D I am glad that you like it!

All terrier's are little bundles of trouble running around looking for a crime to commit, so I hope that fudge isn't to much trouble and doesn't give calypso any ideas about a dashing life of crime! :) lol

Edited by Vimes

I'd like:

- A dog (one that's mature and old enough not cost too much energy)

- Lots of dog food and treats

- Some dog toys

What kind of dog are you getting Athena?

Fudge arrived half an hour ago! he is lovely, so playful and full of affection. he and Calypso are racing around on the beach just now.I am sitting comfortably on a pillow with a mug of coffee and a slice of fruit cake, listening to radio 4 on my solar powered radio, what bliss!! ;)

I would like

a really comfy wing backed armchair in green leather

a selection of balls for the dogs to chase

some rose trees to plant in my garden.

Edited by gardengirl

What kind of dog are you getting Athena?

Fudge arrived half an hour ago! he is lovely, so playful and full of affection. he and Calypso are racing around on the beach just now.I am sitting comfortably on a pillow with a mug of coffee and a slice of fruit cake, listening to radio 4 on my solar powered radio, what bliss!! ;)

x

Awww! I think I'd like a medium sized dog, who's mature enough not to leave its business around everywhere, but that'll still want to be pet and played with now and then (but not too often). He/she would be very sweet, just like all the dogs we've had.

I'd like:

- Lots of vegetable seeds so I can grow my own plants

- A watering can

- Good soil for the plants to grow in

x

Awww! I think I'd like a medium sized dog, who's mature enough not to leave its business around everywhere, but that'll still want to be pet and played with now and then (but not too often). He/she would be very sweet, just like all the dogs we've had.

I'd like:

- Lots of vegetable seeds so I can grow my own plants

- A watering can

- Good soil for the plants to grow in

Actually I want all these things too, plus a sharp gardeners knife.

Well, the night's here on  my island are sure getting colder, in fact the dogs [Calypso and Fudge] have now moved into my tent at night, so it's nice and cosy for us all, we now need

A padded  quilted coat for me [for daytime]

a small solar powered heater

lots of canned soup

Yes! I make it with chicken strips, mushrooms, coconut cream, egg noodles and sweet corn in it.

Coconut ginger soup

www.atasteofthai.com/thai-recipes/coconut-ginger-soup-with-chicken-recipe/

Edited by Vimes

mmmmn! sounds very delicious indeed, I will make some for me and the dogs [and maybe when we return from the island, I will make some at home] thanks for the recipe. :smile:

Today I wore the bright green bobble hat that you croched for me, so cosy I love it. Me and the dogs romped about the beach, it was a bit windy and some rain for the first time so we had to dash into the tent and make hot chocolate and biscuits. We are staying her until Dec 16th and then returning home for Christmas, so my last posting on here will be 15th Dec!How are things with everyone else on their island, all good?

lol! I think I will stay until after Christmas it isn't to cold here and I don't mind a little bit of rain :) My cave house is all set up for the winter and me and my cat are going to be snug as a bug in a rug! I just think I need a few more things though like :

A tool box (with tools)

Warm clothing

And a few pots and cook ware

It's going well! My boyfriend and I and the dog are snuggled up nicely under our blanket.

I'd like to request:

- A solarpowered fridge (at night's it'll be cold enough not to need it)

- Some Christmas ingredients so I can make some nice food

- Some cooking utensils such as sharp knives etc.

If only we really DID have this island to escape to now and again eh? I would take very regular holidays there, I know that for a fact.

Yes, nights getting colder, so everyone wrap up warm, I need

all the ingredients to make a Christmas cake ,

a small bottle of brandy,

a pack of dried pigs ears [for the dogs, good for their teeth!]If you don't know what I mean, you will think this very bizarre!