Your Book Activity - September 2013

chesilbeach

My reading has been going painfully slow the last few days, which is frustrating to say the least. It's not that my mojo has abandoned me, it's that my current book demands far more concentration than I can give. :doh:  Once I finish it, I shall move onto something a bit easier.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since I last posted, I've finished:

Lady Fortescue Steps Out by M. C. Beaton
Immortal Beloved by Cate Tiernan
The Wicked Stepmother by M. C. Beaton

I've also started Cupcakes at Carringtons, but I'm about a third of the way through and I'm not enjoying it enough to keep going at the moment, so I've also started Murder on the Flying Scotsman, then next Daisy Dalrymple book in the series.

Today I have read 279 pages of The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - I think this might be the book that revives my aisling reading mojo!  :D

Yay!! .. oh I'm so pleased :yahoo: 

Have tentatively started two books (why do I do this? .. reading one is pushing it at the moment :blush2:) Silver Bay by Jojo Moyes and Decline and Fall by Evelyn Waugh .. very different in style but I'm liking them both so far :) Perhaps my mojo will at last follow the crumbs home.

Finished The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith,excellent crime debut from Rowling. Started The Unseen by Katherine Webb,and picked up library request of Secrets Of The Sea House by Elisabeth Gifford.

I hope you enjoy Secrets of the Sea House, green.  I finished this at the weekend and really enjoyed.  An excellent debut novel.

I am now half way through "What Have I Done" by Amanda Prowse and enjoying it albeit it is a bit harrowing at times.

Decline and Fall by Evelyn Waugh .. very different in style but I'm liking them both so far :) Perhaps my mojo will at last follow the crumbs home.

Ooh, I can't wait to hear your thoughts on this.

Today I have read 279 pages of The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - I think this might be the book that revives my aisling reading mojo!  :D

Wohoo! :D:friends3::readingtwo:

Finished The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith,excellent crime debut from Rowling. Started The Unseen by Katherine Webb,and picked up library request of Secrets Of The Sea House by Elisabeth Gifford.

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed The Cuckoo's Calling! :) The goodreads info on the book says that it is the first book in a series, so apparently there will be more to come...

I've been reading Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. This is perhaps the tenth book I've started this year without actually finishing any of the others. I've enjoyed them all but have such limited time to read and because it takes me so long to read a book, I keep getting distracted by all the others I have waiting for me.  :blush2: I'm about 130 pages into this already, so fingers crossed that I'll finish a book soon!

I noticed on GR that you'd started the book and I commented, but you've probably missed it. I was so happy to notice you'd started the book! :D Do you have the sequels? What I like about the books (among other things) is that you will discover new things about the characters. Characters I didn't initially like that much have now grown on me :)

I started reading The Joy Luck Club on Sunday, but haven't made much progress. I'm so tired.

Thanks, guys.  :)

Next up is Road to Rouen by Ben Hatch. Both this and TNC are Book Club books.  We were supposed to discuss the latter in July but that meeting got cancelled, so we're discussing both the books at the same meeting next week. :)

I haven't started it yet.

I noticed on GR that you'd started the book and I commented, but you've probably missed it. I was so happy to notice you'd started the book! :D Do you have the sequels? What I like about the books (among other things) is that you will discover new things about the characters. Characters I didn't initially like that much have now grown on me :)

Yep, I have the sequels. :)

I haven't been trusting the first impressions I've had of some characters, so I guess my instincts are going to prove correct. :)

I'm just over half way through Robert Jordan - The Wheel of Time 0: New Spring and am really enjoying it. I had some mojo troubles for a few days but once I finally started to read more than a few pages, I felt how much I enjoy reading so I read quite a bit. The book is quite good so far, and it really makes me want to read the last book in the series. The release date for the paperback is set to be at the end of the year according to some websites, so hopefully it'll be out then.

I'm not doing too badly .. still reading Silver Bay by Jojo Moyes and Decline and Fall by Evelyn Waugh and enjoying them both but I have to almost make myself pick them up which is most odd as they're good stories. Every day I read at least two chapters of each and sometimes it's a relief when I get to the end and I know I can put the book down if I want to :confused: Not quite sure what's wrong :confused: Hope it's just a phase. If I didn't almost make myself pick them up then I'd be disinclined to. Don't know if forcing it is the right thing to do but I'm just hoping that something will trigger my mojo into action again :( Made some progress with Les Miserables but haven't been out walking much the last two days so not as far forward as I would've hoped.

I've just finished Fated by Benedict Jacka, which I've seen described as a British successor to the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. I thought it was pretty good, but a bit more fantasy than the Dresden Files which is much more of an urban fantasy. I might give the next one a go, but so many books on my wishlist, I'm just not sure when I'll get around to it! :D