Your Book Activity - July 2013

What have you been doing today, bookwise? Post your bookish activities on here :)

I'm still reading No Time for Goodbye by Linwood Barclay. I hope to finish it by the end of the day.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm reading The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon and am really enjoying it so far. I'm also reading a For Dummies book on the Kindle.

Edited by Athena

I'm about 3/4 through Moll Flanders .. it's not as entertaining as I'd hoped :( A strange co-incidence happened this morning though, yesterday evening I was talking to tunn about Mark Watson's new book The Knot (debating whether to get it or not) and this morning when I came down for breakfast there it was sitting on the coffee table :) Alan had seen it for sale in the supermarket and bought it for me when he came off shift. I wonder if he can actually read my mind? :blush2: I will wish for a life sized poster of Colin Firth (Mr Darcy all wet from his swim in the lake perhaps?) and see what happens :D  

I'm about 3/4 through Moll Flanders .. it's not as entertaining as I'd hoped :( A strange co-incidence happened this morning though, yesterday evening I was talking to tunn about Mark Watson's new book The Knot (debating whether to get it or not) and this morning when I came down for breakfast there it was sitting on the coffee table :) Alan had seen it for sale in the supermarket and bought it for me when he came off shift. I wonder if he can actually read my mind? :blush2: I will wish for a life sized poster of Colin Firth (Mr Darcy all wet from his swim in the lake perhaps?) and see what happens :D

Wow! Impressive mind reading powers your husband has. Hope you enjoy the book, I certainly am so far. About 130 pages in now.

Edited by tunn300

I've finished!  All 502 pages of House of Suns - science fiction has been conquered!  Well, attempted, anyway.  Not sure I really understood all of it, but I tried to follow the story and keep the people at the front of my mind, and I think I got there in the end (although, again, I'm not sure I really understood that either :giggle2:).

I've been mucking around, not able to stick with anything for several days now.  But this morning I finally settled on Philip Kerr's If the Dead Not Rise.

Am reading The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, for the second time, so that I can join in the July discussion of the book.  Fortunately I had it in my Kindle archives so didn't have to get another copy.

Sorry, this post is in the wrong thread, tried to remove but couldn't find a delete button.   :blush2:

Edited by mrsmac

I'm about 3/4 through Moll Flanders .. it's not as entertaining as I'd hoped :( A strange co-incidence happened this morning though, yesterday evening I was talking to tunn about Mark Watson's new book The Knot (debating whether to get it or not) and this morning when I came down for breakfast there it was sitting on the coffee table :) Alan had seen it for sale in the supermarket and bought it for me when he came off shift. I wonder if he can actually read my mind? :blush2: I will wish for a life sized poster of Colin Firth (Mr Darcy all wet from his swim in the lake perhaps?) and see what happens :D  

Alan's a bit of a wizard, most definitely :D

Too bad you're not truely entertained by Moll Flanders :(  I think I was the same way about the book when I read it maybe 10 years ago or so. It had its merits and at some point the going was good but then it got a bit repetitive or dull or something, I can't remember :shrug:

I finished No Time for Goodbye last night (Too Close To Home was much better in my opinion!) and started reading The Ingredients of Love by Nicolas Barreau. It seems like a rather quick read so I'm actually worried I won't have anything to read after I finish that one! I mean I do now have my little library here ( :D) but none of the books on it seem like ones I'd want to read now.

Edited by frankie

I've finished!  All 502 pages of House of Suns - science fiction has been conquered!  Well, attempted, anyway.  Not sure I really understood all of it, but I tried to follow the story and keep the people at the front of my mind, and I think I got there in the end (although, again, I'm not sure I really understood that either :giggle2:).

Blimey, that was quick! :o

I'm currently 43% of the way through Neal Asher's The Technician.  I was too tired to read much yesterday :Zzzz:

Wow! Impressive mind reading powers your husband has.

Yes I'm a bit worried about it tbh :lurker:  :D Glad you're enjoying the book tunn .. I'm encouraged :)

Alan's a bit of a wizard, most definitely :D

I wonder if he can do reducing spells or anything? .. I wouldn't have to give up cake if so  :D

Too bad you're not truely entertained by Moll Flanders :( I think I was the same way about the book when I read it maybe 10 years ago or so. It had its merits and at some point the going was good but then it got a bit repetitive or dull or something, I can't remember :shrug:

My thoughts exactly, it was interesting to begin with but then just rambled on and became a mere account of all her deceits which were all very similar. Is it on the 1001? *toddles off to have a look* ahh it is :) well .. I'm not so downhearted after all :D

Am reading The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, for the second time, so that I can join in the July discussion of the book.  Fortunately I had it in my Kindle archives so didn't have to get another copy.

Sorry, this post is in the wrong thread, tried to remove but couldn't find a delete button.   :blush2:

It's not the wrong thread, it can be here as easily as the discussion thread.   :)

Have barely started my Kerr book.  Should get a lot of reading in this afternoon, husband has a dental appointment.  I'll be in the waiting room, reading.

I've just made a start on Citadel by Kate Mosse having read the other two in the trilogy (Labyrinth and Sepulchre).  It looks OK so far.

Blimey, that was quick! :o

Are you kidding? A 500 page book that took me a WEEK! I rarely read that slowly :lol:

I decided I'd start The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry today. I was going to save it for the read-a-thon, but I don't think I can resist the Reading Circle discussion thread until then, so I thought I'd read it now instead. About a quarter way through and enjoying it so far.

Are you kidding? A 500 page book that took me a WEEK! I rarely read that slowly :lol:

I didn't realise it had taken you that long! :no::giggle2:

Mind you, I don't consider 500 pages in a week to be slow :lol:

I didn't realise it had taken you that long! :no::giggle2:

Mind you, I don't consider 500 pages in a week to be slow :lol:

Me neither!  :o

I think I'd normally read 500 pages in 3-5 days, depending on if a weekend was involved, so a full week was quite long for me, but in this case, it felt MUCH longer! :lol:

Edited by chesilbeach