The last film you saw - 2013

Lilywhite

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the 1950 version.  Did you know James Arness plays "the thing"?  He of Gunsmoke fame..... :)

Oh yeah, I love the original version.  The Kurt Russell one is one of my favourite films, though :cool:

I've just seen Thor and I thought it was good, it had action and humour. London never seems to come across on film as a decent location.

What did you think of Ender's Game, Kreader?

Just watched North & South starring Richard Armitage! It was wonderful! One of the best period dramas I have ever seen! I haven't read the book but if it's anything like the adaptation then it's lovely! I loved Thorton and Margarets relationship. It was so romantic! :kiss: Mr. Thorton is so perfect! Loved him!

Edited by cuppycakes

Bruce Campbell  cult classic

yep it is, he plays a good aged Elvis and i loved the black JFK. Love the Evil Dead series (cant wait for the new one) & Maniac Cop series with Bruce Campbell too.

A Damsel in Distress, starring Fred Astaire, George Burns and Gracie Allen.  I love love love this film :)  Seen it before, but will always record it to watch again when it pops up on tv.

Also watched The Jane Austen Book Club, which I really liked a lot.  It stars the yummy Jimmy Smits (although he is a bit of a jerk in this), and is just a charming and lovely film.  I have the book on my tbr pile, so I want to get to it soon.

We watched the first two episodes of Endeavor last night.....the kid playing a young Morse is really good.  The script writers have Morse down cold. :)

It is a very good series, much better written and acted than Lewis.

The good news is that there is a second series in the works.