Devi's Mount TBR List 2014

Devi

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So i was absolutely spoilt for Valentines today. It started out as a bear, a rose and lindt chocolate in a heart shaped box. Then tonight after dinner, he surprised me with a ring(not engagement), a book, a second teddy with a love heart and a box of ferrero rocher. Totally, well and truly spoilt. He said he did it to make up for missing the last three valentine days, this one is our first together, so the last three years we never did anything. I got him two games and a dvd, wish I had got him a little more now. :blush:

75e7eee42ee125d338fbc418ae9a4105_zpsabb6

6d0c886e5021206f73e684c2ef925109_zps0f26

Edited by Devi

Wow, Devi

You hit the jackpot !  Very nice gifts. Sounds like you got a Keeper there!

Is the ring your birthstone color ?

Yep! Sapphire for september :)

I feel very spoilt, and a little awkward at showing it all. Especially on facebook, so i didn't reveal the rest. :blush:

What a lovely selection gifts ~ and they are all such cute and thoughtful things. He definitely gets full marks with his combination of fluffy, chocolately, pretty bling and a book. :D

Yep! He got both my favourite chocolates, he picked a book off my most wanted list, knows i love hearts so got me another heart ring and even though he doesn't like my stuffed toys, (because i sit them on the bed during the day), he went and bought me two. :giggle2:

and the rose is because I have never got given flowers on Valentines day before.

Edited by Devi

What beautiful gifts, Devi! The ring is gorgeous. :D

Aw, you lucky thing! :)

Lovely, and great choice on the book! Lucky you! :smile:

Those are wonderful gifts, Devi! I'm glad you had a great Valentine's Day :).

Thank you all! I plan on reading the novel once I finish my current read. I really am very lucky. :)

My partner has been sick the last couple of days, and I am now starting to get it too. I hate being sick because it takes me longer than normal to get over things because of my shoddy immune system. :(

I am managing to read about 100 pages when I am able to read, just wish i could keep it going every night. I only seem to get to read once or twice a week, and feel like I am getting no where with my books. I have been good with my book buying though, only bought three so far this year, but the book buying itch is coming back again.

Edited by Devi

My partner has been sick the last couple of days, and I am now starting to get it too. I hate being sick because it takes me longer than normal to get over things because of my shoddy immune system. :(

I am managing to read about 100 pages when I am able to read, just wish i could keep it going every night. I only seem to get to read once or twice a week, and feel like I am getting no where with my books. I have been good with my book buying though, only bought three so far this year, but the book buying itch is coming back again.

x

Awww :( I wish you both a speedy recovery. Being ill is not nice at all :(.

It's not nice to hear you can't get as much reading done as you'd like. I hope it improves :(. It's amazing you've only bought three books this year, I can fully understand you want to buy some more. In my opinion, even though you have a TBR, if book buying makes you happy, it's not too bad to buy a few books (but if you do and would feel guilty over that, that's not nice at all). It depends how it all makes you feel, on money, on space, etc. How big is your TBR?

I hope you feel better soon, Devi. I'm sending lots of hugs your way :hug::friends3:.

Beautiful and thoughtful gifts, Devi!

Hope you don't come down with the same thing.  It's hard not to though.

Well I woke up with a sore throat this morning, and my partner seems to be getting worse. He has developed a cough now too.

I've got lots of lemons and honey to have with herbal teas, some cough medicine, vic rub and pain killers. My mum came down with a big pot of home made chicken soup for us. I love my mummy. :)

I've got lots of lemons and honey to have with herbal teas, some cough medicine, vic rub and pain killers. My mum came down with a big pot of home made chicken soup for us. I love my mummy. :)

Mummys are the best. :) Hope you feel a lot better soon! 

xAwww :( I wish you both a speedy recovery. Being ill is not nice at all :(.It's not nice to hear you can't get as much reading done as you'd like. I hope it improves :(. It's amazing you've only bought three books this year, I can fully understand you want to buy some more. In my opinion, even though you have a TBR, if book buying makes you happy, it's not too bad to buy a few books (but if you do and would feel guilty over that, that's not nice at all). It depends how it all makes you feel, on money, on space, etc. How big is your TBR?I hope you feel better soon, Devi. I'm sending lots of hugs your way :hug::friends3:.

Thanks Athena. :)

I love to buy books, its the thrill of the hunt that I enjoy just as much as reading. I am just trying to cut back for a few reasons. My TBR pile is just under 500 books.

Mummys are the best. :) Hope you feel a lot better soon!

Thank you. My mum always said chicken soup is the best to have when you are sick. :)

Aw, I hope you recover very quickly, Devi.  :empathy:

Feel better soon, Devi! :empathy:  :smile:

Get well soon, Devi, to you and your boyfriend . That was nice of your mom to bring you guys  some soup ! Hope it does the trick and you're both feeling well again soon .

Thank you all. :)

:friends0:

I just noticed that I have four books sitting on my bedside table, all half read. How did that happen? :giggle2: