MasterChef: The Professionals

~Andrea~

Is anyone else watching this?

Is it me or does there seem to be more contestants than usual? Just when I think we're going to get to the interesting 'finals' but they seem to introduce yet another ten contestants for Monica. Perhaps I've just started watching it earlier than usual.

I love it, love Michael Roux Jnr, love Greg's greediness and love Monica's glare :D

I was glad Oli and Keri got through tonight, the other two seemed a bit too sure of themselves. It was obvious that Michael favours Oli .. he would've been gutted to send him home, luckily he didn't have to and what a nice young lad :)

Those critics are scary though. it's not easy to please them is it?

The sea urchins was a tough challenge alright. I love Monica's face when she's watching them do the skills test. I can't say it looked very appetizing even when prepared properly though :lurker:

I'm glad Keri and Oli stayed although I felt bad for the other two when they are such good chefs. It was a tough group but the ones that went home deserved to go on the day. I agree Poppy, Oli seems lovely. And I always like to see the women do well.

I'm really enjoying this series, although some of the 'professional' chefs taking part in this are not very good at cooking! One thing that is really annoying me, are the faces that Monica and Greg make! Some of their expressions are totally idiotic and an over reaction to what the contestants are doing. There's no need for it!

I'm not following this for obvious reasons (I think they only show MasterChefs US and AUS over here, at least so far), but it's an interesting concept. I like it that they've come up with something else. We also have MasterChef (or was it Top Chef...): Just Dessert version which is cool.

I'm not following this for obvious reasons (I think they only show MasterChefs US and AUS over here, at least so far), but it's an interesting concept. I like it that they've come up with something else. We also have MasterChef (or was it Top Chef...): Just Dessert version which is cool.

Just Dessert version :wub: why don't we have one of those :D

Felt sorry for Ross yesterday but it was probably the right decision. I HATE the mentor chefs though, Marcus Wareing in particular. There was hardly any encouragement and so po-faced. He was belittling them rather than inspiring them and Daniel wasn't much better (he just smiled a couple of times which gave him the edge .. though he could have been grimacing .. it was hard to tell). Tom Kerridge should be nicer but who knows, get them in their own kitchens and they are tyrants.

Glad to see that Tom Kerridge is every bit as nice as he always appears to be. The way that he mentored them meant that they didn't really flap and they delivered good dishes.

Good result too, I was wondering how they would choose between them.

I do so want to visit the Hand & Flowers and have some duck and chips :character0104: I've looked it up and it costs a mere £25 .. not too out of my league but it would need to be a special birthday or something (or a 'Congratulations! you've survived Christmas' treat :D)

Yes Tom Kerridge was lovely. He brought out the best in them by not being an a***hole like the previous two who just seemed unnecessarily stern. I was wondering if they'd put them both through seeing as it was so close. A bit gutting for the other two who thought they were through to finals week and now have to face another knockout round, but still it was the right decision I think, I don't see what else they could have done.

Wow £25 seems alright for a 2 star dinner. I'll meet you there Poppy :D

• 2 weeks later...

So what did you make of the result? I was thinking either Anton or both of them should win as Anton was slightly more inventive than Kerri but her food was perfect too. I was really pleased with the result. I expect all three will go on to great things.