Disney Acquires Lucasfilm; Star Wars Episode 7 set for 2015 Release

Raven

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I'm a bit uncertain about the spin-off films (Thanks again, Phantom Menace . . .). 

If they were stand-alone films set around the time of Episode VII, setting up a wider universe like the Marvel films, I could see the point, but does anyone really need to see Han Solo's back story? Surely that's something for the fans and they can get that through the various novels that have been released over the years?

And whomever they get to play him, it won't be Harrison Ford (unless they go down the CGI route, I suppose . . .).

My knee-jerk reaction is to think it's the worst idea ever.  But then I think about the new Trek movies and how good the younger cast has been, so who knows.  If they come up with a great story to back it up it might work.  Whatever happens, it's inevitable that I'll go and see it :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I didn't stay up especially, or get up for it; I feel asleep in the armchair watching a film and work up just before 3.

Seemed like fate, or The Force, or something, so I stuck around to watch it.

Bit tired now . . .

ETA: Got the morning of the 17th off as well, which is good seeing how I have a ticket and all . . .

Edited by Raven

I'm not sure what to expect. At first glance, it feels like Episode IV more than others. The cinematography in the trailer is very good, as well as the special effects and the settings. However I'm worried about the story, I think since Episode V everything has had a terrible plot. The trailer felt like Christmas.

I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to say with that picture, KO!

I think the new film is going to be pretty dark, the trailer kind of has that feel too it.

They aren't giving much/anything away in terms of the plot, so although the trailer looks pretty, the film could still be pants (the trailers for The Phantom Menace looked jolly good at the time, and we all know how that turned out . . .).

Either way, I've got tickets to the first showing I could get into to minimise the spoilers from the internet folk!

• 3 weeks later...