How Many in your TBR Pile

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right my TBR pile is about 100 odd books? I buy 'em quicker then I can read 'em. B)

At the moment though, after Harry Potters and the one I'm reading now erm...

Lolita - Vladimir Nabakov

The Perfect Spy - John le Carré

The Wind Up Bird - Haruki Murakami

The Innocent - Ian McEwan

And any Diana Wynne Jones. :roll:

;) Ah. I've just done a quick recount and I now have 41 books in my TBR list. And they're just the 'official' ones from the last year, really... :)

Still, at least the majority of them were bought in offers or have discounts or are second hand. So that's okay? Right? RIGHT?? :lol:

Definitely right!! :)

Well, PDR - you have to remember, this is not a support group - we're all addiction enablers when it comes to books here! :lol:

My name is Sugar, and I am a bookaholic.

Even though I've been making an effort to read from the TBR this year (rather than just stock it up), I don't seem to be making any inroads! Not helped by my dad's imminent move from my childhood home and meaning that I've had to rescue all those books I'd forgotten were on the TBR!!!

• 2 months later...

If I count just my normal TBR list, I have 45 books to read. If I add in all of the books I'll be reading this fall for my classes, there are 22 more. In all, that makes 67 books! Wow...I had no idea there were that many.:D

If I were to count all the books I WANT to read, there'd be literally thousands on my TBR list. So, only counting the unread books I have waiting, I have around 80-ish at the moment and that number will be increasing shortly as I have a birthday coming up and then Xmas is just around the corner. Although I read quite fast, I tend to acquire more books faster than I can read them (despite the embargo - hmmmmm!)

If I were to count all the books I WANT to read, there'd be literally thousands on my TBR list.

Same here. I don't think I'll ever get through all the ones I want to read. :D I'm not entirely sure of how many books I own that I have yet to read. I'm guessing over a hundred. For some reason though, I just keep pushing alot of them aside (in some cases for several years :eek2:) in favour of books that have been brought to my attention more recently.

According to my notes, I have 233 books TBR. This covers almost my entire book collection (I suspect the actual total would be around 245, but then you can't really count the reference books so it'd still be around 233).

This also doesn't include ebooks, which I reckon would push the total up to around 400-500.

As happy as I am to have so many books to look forward to, I sometimes get a bit daunted ('when will I ever get to read them all?!!') and wish my TBR pile was around 60 or something. :eek2:

I'm so nice knowing that there are other people like me out there :D

I have several different TBR piles.

The physical pile on my bedside table which accounts for library books TBR in the next 3 weeks and books I have acquired that have moved to the top of the list currently stands at 20.

I also have about 75 books on my bookshelves that still have to be read, which I shall take my time over.

Then there's the list of books I want to read but need to either buy or borrow from the library. That probably stands at about 100 at the moment.

So, almost 200.

• 7 months later...