Maureen

New food you've tried recently...

Bet that pig wouldn't be giggling if it knew it was going to be made into sausages :wink:

The labels show a really perky smiling. winking piggy! I like to believe that the giggling pigs die quietly and healthily in their sleep after a good and happy life, and that's why their sausages taste so darned good! :blush:

The labels show a really perky smiling. winking piggy! I like to believe that the giggling pigs die quietly and healthily in their sleep after a good and happy life, and that's why their sausages taste so darned good! :blush:

I guess giggly pig sounds better than one that's nervously tittering:giggle2:

I've recently discovered St Agur cream cheese (it's a hard blue cheese I beleive but I've only tried the soft cheese version) Oh wow - it's amazing!! I can't get enough of the stuff. In light of the other thread on bagels, I'm going to have to try it on a toasted bagel soon. I'm not a huge blue cheese fan, I can eat small quantities on a cracker, but love it when it's in something else like stilton soup, or Harvester's blue cheese dressing. But this stuff is great - really mild and creamy with a gorgeous tang!! Mmmm (can you tell I'm a fan of the stuff lol)

A couple of days ago I bought what's called a Pomelo a fruit from South-east Asia. I thought that it looked really nice and juicy but when I cut it open I was very disappointed it was just like a dried up grapefruit! :(

post-5299-078035000 1300802816_thumb.jpg

Edited by Christie

I recently tried a new sort of Thai chicken soup with red peppers (jalapenos), babycorn and tauge in it, Yum. Also, peanutsoup. Yes, peanut soup. Spicy, peanutty, thought it would be like a jar of peanutbutter, but it was very good, had little bits of chicken in it. Yummmm!

I have developed a liking for Thai food. I have learnt how to do Tom Yum soup and Green Curry.....need to try my hand at Red Curry - perhaps this week.