• Announcements

• Hayley

Late Autumn Supporter Giveaway   11/27/2020

I know that winter is well on the way, but I'm sneaking the autumn giveaway in here, right at the end of the season...     I thought this giveaway seemed particularly appropriate for this year: Dear Reader: The Comfort and Joy of Books by Cathy Rentzenbrink.  I'm sure some of you will have heard of this book. It came out in September and has had brilliant reviews. It's been described as a love letter to reading and I think all of us have truly appreciated 'the comfort and joy of books' this year.  It is also a really beautiful hardback. Please excuse my picture-taking skills, it's really hard to get a good picture of something that's shiny!   As always, patreon supporters will be automatically entered into the draw. If you're not a supporter but you'd like to join our patreon you can do so here:  bookclubforum.co.uk is creating a book community | Patreon
Stephen Melling

Greetings from Preston, Lancs.,

Just a quick hello. My name's Stephen Melling and I love to read read read. I also write, but I read far more than I ever write. The book club forum appears well-rounded and pretty diverse. Interesting place to read and post. :wink::readingtwo:

Hey Stephen, I have some friends who live not far from you in Chorley, actually, and I spend a lot of time over there.

Welcome to BCF. I'm sure you'll love it here.. :welcome2:

Thanks for the welcome messages! :wink:

Yes, Chorley is just up the road from me. But they're all very posh up in Chorley! Nice pubs and gardens and no one ever splits the infinitive. :cool:

Hi Stephen! Welcome to BCF, I only joined last week and am just getting the feel for the place too. Looking forward to learning more about your reading habits!

:cows:

(Yes I chose to use the dancing cows emoticon. What better time for cows to dance?!)

Hello and welcome from a fellow Prestonian, although I now live in Cleveleys. My eldest daughter Kat (who is a mod on here) still lives there.

Hi, I'm a new member and will post a proper introduction shortly. I grew up in Preston and hated it though when I go back now it looks a lot better. A friend of mine has struggled to find a Reading Group there. Do you have any reccomendations?