Your Favourite Stephen King Novels

scordie

Your Fave Stephen King Novels  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What are your fave Stephen King novels (pick 3)?

• Carrie
    • Salem's Lot
    • The Dead Zone
    • The Stand
    • The Shining
    • Christine
    • The Green Mile
    • The Tommyknockers
    • Misery
    • The Eyes of the Dragon

Hi I picked the stand,salems lot and the green mile from the poll list,would have picked needful things and IT had they been on there,also the bachman books too,these are ones I reread on a regular basis :D

Voted for The Stand, The Green Mile & Misery. Had they been there, I would have had Different Seasons & It

Ian

I haven't read many of his books, I find that I don't like some of them. I very much enjoyed "Under The Dome", and I think my favourite one (and one of my overall favourite books) is "Salem's Lot". Just because it's a classic horror story really.

I picked the shining, the tommyknockers and salem's lot. I would've picked needful things if that was there and duma key and the dark half. Oh and under the dome. oh dear too many to choose from I think.

I voted for Salem's Lot, The Dead Zone, and The Shining. I also really enjoyed Firestarter, which wasn't on the list. I have read The Stand quite a few times too, but it doesn't quite make my favourites list - although I think that's probably just because of the length. I very much prefer King's earlier works, but I have bought the last few and thought they weren't too bad, and have Full Dark, No Stars waiting for me on my bedside table!

I am generally not a big Stephen King fan, I have issues with stories of the supernatural and the like being set in our world, however I am partial to Wizard and Glass. I would say the Dark Tower series in general as I think it is arguably one of the best both beginnings ('The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed') and endings to a series I have read, however I do think there was a bit of a stumble in the middle! (which I won't mention here in case anyone wants to read them!)

Ya cannot have a poll without the beautiful IT! I'd go for The Stand but there's just something along the way that lacks for me, not at all for the book itself but compared to Salem's, Misery and The Shining I can't pick it ahead of them.