levens

Another newbie

hiya, I'm an occasional book dipper, I'm dyslexic but not in the traditional sense as I can pin words down to the page but can't have two conversations at once particulaly with a coffee machine dragging grounds through pipes hence joining the virtual book club, if I win the lottery I will open a tea house with only filter coffee, book shelves, no phones and no laptops...anyone else from Birmingham? or a mature student?, studying art?, or only read in fits and starts when stressed?

I'm a student, not so sure about mature. :giggle:

Seems we're both creative people; you learn towards the arts, and I enjoy the creative writing side of things. I've enjoyed reading from a very young age and can't associate with the stop-start type of reading personality, but it's interesting to hear the thoughts of someone dyslexic. As for the coffee shop with lots of bookshelves, if that ever becomes a thing let me know, it sounds wonderful.

In any case, welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll love it. :welcome2:

Edited by Ben

Hi and welcome levens, not a student but I used to draw and paint and sculpt. Stress can certainly mess up your reading, I am not dyslexic but I can identify with that. Yet reading can also be a very therapeutic , de-stressing activity; paradox eh? I guess you have to discipline yourself to read a little every day.

Hiya, yes, writing too drys up for me. which is also relaxing...think I am just wired odd!, I'm in a reading phase now where I will devour most things in days...

hello! *waves*

Hi Levens welcopme to the BCF, I do draw and paint sometimes but only when I have the time...not dyslexic but I do like quiet when I read and then I lose myself in a book. :D

:17:

I don't really have a sense for arts.

I think, it's normal, that you do have to be in the right mood for reading. Sometimes I nearly can't do anything else, then I barely read a couple of pages a day.

I don't need it quiet while reading. I wished, I could read and listen to music the same time. But mostly I don't hear the CD anymore when reading.