chesilbeach

Your favourite narrator

Oh my goodness, Stephen Fry has just recorded Sherlock Holmes: The Definitive Collection for Audible.  It's all four novels plus the five collections of short stories and is almost 72 hours long!!!  :o  The full price is £69.99 but if you are a subscriber, it's just one credit.  I still have a credit from last month I haven't used, so I think this might be winging its way down to my Audible account later today. :lol:

I  nearly downloaded this (and still might) but some of the comments say that the collection (71 hours!!) is difficult to navigate, and as I've listened to four of the books I'd like to be able to skip to the unread ones. 

I haven't been in this thread before, being new to audio books, but I'm another who likes Juliet Stevenson as a narrator.  I also really like Amelia Fox.  Carol Boyd who narrated South Riding was just superb.

We also really liked Peter Forbes narrating Peter May's Coffin Road.  Other favourites have been Robert Hardy and Timothy West.  :)

I listened to Emilia Fox reading "The Miniaturist" for one of the BBC's Book of the Week slots, and she was brilliant. 

I  nearly downloaded this (and still might) but some of the comments say that the collection (71 hours!!) is difficult to navigate, and as I've listened to four of the books I'd like to be able to skip to the unread ones.

I hadn't read those comments. I wonder if it depends on which app you use to access them? I usually just select the chapters view to pick a specific section in an audiobook, but then I guess it's not often you don't actually just listen to a book in a linear fashion.

I'm currently listening to the fifth book.  I might download this at some stage to listen to with Peter in the car, but I will wait for now.  :)

Audible have just released a PDF that you can view on their website or download which is a detailed guide on the books and stories, and where they can be found in the audio book, down to which chapter you need to listen to for a particular story. :)