Laramie

Black Beauty by Anna Sewell

I absolutely LOVE this book. It is my most favourite EVER!! I love the way it is told from Black Beauty's POV, and I like the great long speeches all the characters seem to have!!

I have a brilliant copy of it, which I got from Sandringham (the queens house!! :smile2: ) which is in pretend leather (it's normal hardback really) and it's really nice. It has hundreds of fantastic little black-and-white pictures, and in random places, it has a few full-page colour pictures. It is SO NICE!!

what do other people think of this book?:lol:

I read it over and over, and over again when I was young, and I don't usually like "animal" books like that because I am afraid the animal will be hurt.....but this one was so wonderful!

Haven't looked at it in many years though.

This is one of my childhood favs to. In fact i still have a copy from when i was about 10, which is only ahemm a few years ago. I used to love watching the tv series aswell.

I have a copy of it - an old red hardback. But I'm yet to read it.

So, I take it it's a good read, then?

I loved this book when I was young, I had a 'leather' bound version too (it was part of a set that included The Water Babies), but I only read it a few times before it vanished! I have a sneaking suspicion that it was given away to my younger cousins (along with many of my favourite videos) when I was deemed 'too old' :smile2:

Oh! The bit about Ginger, brilliant, so moving. Don't normally do animal stories but this is great

Oh don't Louiseog, just thinking about it could bring on a tear or two!

Hello

I love 'Black Beauty', I read it over and over when I was a kid. It was present from my gran when I was in hospital, not fun at the best of time, but kinda pants when you are 8 years old...:smile2:

So, I take it it's a good read, then?

Yes!!:lol:

In fact i still have a copy from when i was about 10, which is only ahemm a few years ago.

well, its 11 years ago, isnt it? :lol: youre 21, arent you? :smile2:

Yes!!:lol:

well, its 11 years ago, isnt it? :lol: youre 21, arent you? :lol:

:smile2: You can be my friend DWMG, i'm actually a little bit older than that (Lilywhite - AKA Kat is my daughter!). :lol:

Madcow, I thought you were 23 and just started very young?

:smile2: Aces you can be my friend too :lol: :lol: