Peter\'s tat 1.jpg

Here's mine...

Tat.jpg

A treble-clef-esque dragon!

post-3628-066892700 1300294001_thumb.jpg

Here's mine...

Tat.jpg

Very nice Janet :)

Noted this one down as I watched my theatre company rehearse Shakespeare's little performed history King John: "I am a scribbled form, drawn with a pen upon a parchment" - how do we like that for the line of verse up my right arm?

Noted this one down as I watched my theatre company rehearse Shakespeare's little performed history King John: "I am a scribbled form, drawn with a pen upon a parchment" - how do we like that for the line of verse up my right arm?

Like! Like! LIKE!!! :)

Like! Like! LIKE!!! :)

Glad to hear it! Although, I have just discovered the wonderful uses of Shakespeare concordances & found more beautiful Shakespeare quotes on writing than I would have space to tattoo on my entire body :lol: I'll come back for opinions once I've narrowed it down from the current 3 pages of A4...! Ooops.

That's fantastic Janet! I love it! :D Was it as painful as you thought?

I also got a tattoo today (my 3rd). :D Its only the outline, in a couple weeks I'm going back to get clockwork parts drawn into the bird's body.

post-5625-044999800 1300321395_thumb.jpg

I also got a tattoo today (my 3rd). :D Its only the outline, in a couple weeks I'm going back to get clockwork parts drawn into the bird's body.

Its lovely hen, I can't wait to see it finished :)

No! It didn't really hurt at all, which surprised me. It hurts more when I nick that part of my ankle with a razor when shaving! :giggle2:

Thanks, Chrissy - I'm really pleased with it. I'm putting Bepanthen (posh nappy rash cream!) on it and it hasn't scabbed at all. :)

^They advice bepanthen here too, or plain white vaseline from a tube. But the scabbing only starts a little later doesn't it, not after one day, so it could always happen still, but as long as you keep putting that bepanthen on it it'll be fine.

Oh right, thanks for the warning. :) At least I won't panic when it happens - and I'll keep applying the cream. :)

Its lovely hen, I can't wait to see it finished :)

Thanks hun :) I've been working on the design for it and will probably get it in a couple weeks along with another on my shoulder.

I have 4 tattoos. All on my lower arms and my hands. I have a Lord of The Rings inspired tattoo - the Evenstar necklace and Aragorn's sword. I'm planning to get 'Born This Way' done in a few months. Still deciding on font and size though.

But the scabbing only starts a little later doesn't it, not after one day, so it could always happen still, but as long as you keep putting that bepanthen on it it'll be fine.

Just to report, I was lucky and it didn't happen! I'm so pleased with it - I wish I'd got it done years ago!

I phoned the Blood Transfusion Service this morning - they've reduced the amount of time between tattoo and donation from six months to four months, so that's good news - I should be able to give again at the session at the beginning of August. :)

Abby - have you had any more work done recently? :)

Just to report, I was lucky and it didn't happen! I'm so pleased with it - I wish I'd got it done years ago!

I phoned the Blood Transfusion Service this morning - they've reduced the amount of time between tattoo and donation from six months to four months, so that's good news - I should be able to give again at the session at the beginning of August. :)

Abby - have you had any more work done recently? :)

Glad to hear yours didn't scab over and you will be able to donate soon!

I haven't had anything since my sparrow a couple weeks ago, but its all healed up now and after I'm done paying for apartment furnishings I'll be able to afford to get the clockwork parts drawn inside the sparrow. Its only going to be about $50.00, but I want to finish getting my apartment done first. :)

Looking forward to seeing it finished Abby :)

OK, firstly I apologise for bumping up a year old topic but I saw no sense in starting a new one. Anyone got any new ink so show, I love seeing people's tattoos. I just got my second one done today and I'm very happy with it, you'll have to excuse the bruising in the pic, its still sore.

photoae.jpg

I have a big thing for mexican style tattoos and particularly anything related to the Day of the Dead celebrations. I also wanted colour and Day of the Dead tatts really lend themselves to this.

I like watercolor kind of tattoos. Recently I did 1 on my hip. It is a small poppy flower, I think it is enough for begining. 

Edited by Michelle
links not allowed for new members

I really want a barcode tattoo on my forearm:

amazing-big-barcode-tattoo-on-forearm-fo

Preferably an ISBN of one my favourite books. Unfortunately my job frowns upon tattoos, and I have to have my sleeves rolled up when working so it would be quite obvious.

Oh well, I can dream.. or get it when I retire. :D

Edited by Angury

1 hour ago, Angury said:

Preferably an ISBN of one my favourite books. Unfortunately my job frowns upon tattoos, and I have to have my sleeves rolled up when working so it would be quite obvious.

It would also hinder you from working in a bookshop, because you would scan one product and the customer would have to pay for your favourite book too.

I must admit I fail to see the appeal of a bar code, it just looks like you've been stamped!  I like the book connection though.