Books centred around The Lake District

I'm off up there for a week next week and thought it would be good to read a book centred around that area - as then there is always the chance of a visit to that particular place. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm looking for fiction perhaps with a bit of mystery that takes place in any of the towns up in the Lake District.

Any ideas gratefully accepted.

Thanks.:D

Hi Sue - Swallows and Amazons and all the other Arthur Ransome childrens' books in that series were set in the Lake District (apart from Coot Club which was set in the Norfolk Broads).

Don't know of any adult fiction set there though. Have a lovely holiday!

Thanks for your replies Bel-ami and Andy. After writing this post, I did a quick google for books in Lake District and guess what, came up with an author I hadn't heard of before. He is Martin Edwards and he has written a trilogy of crime/mystery centred around the Lakes and the reviews on Amazon are excellent. It ticks all the boxes for me so, I''ve ordered the first one called the Coffin Trail and hope it arrives by the weekend. Here is a link if anyone is interested.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0749082917/ref=s9_simy_gw_s0_p14_t1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1VN2SBMSEMD2J3V9WM3D&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294