Raven

Raven's Reads

I love Equal Rites. Read it ages ago, when I first started reading Sir Terry. I hold particular affection for Equal Rites, and Soul Music. 

Oh, and.......tell us your classic choice, go on. :P

1 hour ago, Chrissy said:

I love Equal Rites. Read it ages ago, when I first started reading Sir Terry. I hold particular affection for Equal Rites, and Soul Music. 

Oh, and.......tell us your classic choice, go on. :P

Equal Rites is near the top of my favourites list. 

I read the Discworld books in order (there weren't very many of them when I started!) and although I enjoyed The Colour of Magic and The Light Fantastic, I felt they were a bit disjointed (they are basically several linked short stories spread over the two books). 

Equal Rites - to my mind - is Terry's first proper Discworld novel, and along with Mort it put his books at the top of my to-be-read pile.

Of his earlier novels, I would say my favourite is still Guards! Guards!

Of the rest, I'd say Lords and Ladies and Night Watch are the best, but there are a lot of others that are very good as well!

Finished my re-read of the Rivers of London graphic novels this afternoon with The Fey and the Furious; my 14th book of the year, which is a coincidence as it was my 14th book of last year as well!

It was interesting to re-read them back-to-back as I didn't realise how interconnected they are until doing so (and when I say interconnected, I mean with each other rather than just the main series of novels).  There are several recurring characters the graphic novels use and elements from previous stories crop up again in later ones. 

The graphic novels also flesh out background characters from the novels as well, making them an interesting companion piece to the main series.