Inanna

Anita Shreve

Has anyone here read any of Anita Shreve's books?

I was browsing through Read It, Swap It and found a couple of books by this author and they looked quite good. So I accepted a swap with one of her books and I was just interested in any opinions of her work!

My favourite was Pilots Wife ...was the first of hers I read and have read a few others the names of which escape me.

I've read Eden Close, which I enjoyed, and I have a couple of others on my 'to read' pile. :)

I really enjoyed When or Where and althought I wasnt so impressed with The Pilots Wife, it wouldnt put me off trying more from Anita Shreve.

Any more recommendations?

Kx

I have read The Pilot's Wife some years back & liked it. I've also read Fortune's Rocks & Eden Close but cannot recall what they are about (I am getting old and forgetful).

Has anyone read All He Ever Wanted? Is it an enjoyable read? I thought of reading that once I'm done reading my current books.

I bought Eden Close in a charity shop this week.

I hadnt heard of the book before reading When or Where but my daughter is called Eden. She is almost 5 and I thought I was being really original with her name - he ho!

I've only read Wedding in December, and loved it. It has such heart. Wonderful story. I definitely recommend it.

I've only read The Weight of Water by Anita Shreve. I first saw the movie on television a few years ago (I had to watch it because Sarah Polley was in it), and I liked the movie and was really captured by the story which is based on the true events of the Smuttynose Island murders of 1873. I decided to read the book as well and it was a great read too. In fact it was so good that I had to buy the book :smile2:

The only one of hers I've read is Light on Snow, which I really liked. I have A Wedding in December on my tbr.

:) I can't believe no-one has mentioned Testimony? It's the best book I've read this year. Granted I've only read 10 (:yes:) but it was such a powerful and thought provoking book.

Oops, sorry Lexie, didn't see your question. I've only read two of Shreve's books so I'm not sure. Testimony was similar to Picoult in the sense of showing different perspectives though.

:) I can't believe no-one has mentioned Testimony? It's the best book I've read this year. Granted I've only read 10 (:yes:) but it was such a powerful and thought provoking book.

Oops, sorry Lexie, didn't see your question. I've only read two of Shreve's books so I'm not sure. Testimony was similar to Picoult in the sense of showing different perspectives though.

I really enjoyed Testimony as well. Excellent character development throughout the whole book.