Inver

'The Almost Moon' - Alice Sebold

First line reads

'When all is said and done, killing my mother came easily'

Harrowing read at times, but what is about Alice Sebold and her writing that you just have to get to the end, despite not necessarily liking the subject matter/book. I did find it jumped about a bit with the past and present storyline, but was necessary for the plot to understand the characters and their past. Without giving too much away I found the ending a bit disappointing.:blush:

Anyone else read this one?

I am intriged now - have loved her other two books - have decided to get this one - couldnt find it in my local book shops so have just won a bid for it on ebay for

Well have got this and read the first chapter - mm so far its not living up to my expectations of this writer based on her other two books - we shall see ,,,;)

Am about 3/4ths through now and have revised my early judgement - I am enjoying it - it is keeping me reading and I like the fact that the characters are slowly revealed by Sebold - you form one opinion and find that changing as you learn further facts about them - I really dont know whether to hate or feel sympathy for most of them:roll: but I do think its very well written.

:readingtwo:

It sounds good Inver, I think I read 'Lucky', I did read 'The Lovely Bones', so I will keep an eye for this one.

:readingtwo:

Just finished this :) 7/10

I thought she was going to top herself at the end and then for some unexplained reason she immediately changed her mind - i didnt get that?

Just finished this :D 7/10

I thought she was going to top herself at the end and then for some unexplained reason she immediately changed her mind - i didnt get that?

Me neither!