'The Almost Moon' - Alice Sebold

Inver

First line reads

'When all is said and done, killing my mother came easily'

Harrowing read at times, but what is about Alice Sebold and her writing that you just have to get to the end, despite not necessarily liking the subject matter/book. I did find it jumped about a bit with the past and present storyline, but was necessary for the plot to understand the characters and their past. Without giving too much away I found the ending a bit disappointing.:blush:

Anyone else read this one?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Am about 3/4ths through now and have revised my early judgement - I am enjoying it - it is keeping me reading and I like the fact that the characters are slowly revealed by Sebold - you form one opinion and find that changing as you learn further facts about them - I really dont know whether to hate or feel sympathy for most of them:roll: but I do think its very well written.

:readingtwo:

It sounds good Inver, I think I read 'Lucky', I did read 'The Lovely Bones', so I will keep an eye for this one.

:readingtwo:

• 3 weeks later...
Just finished this :D 7/10

I thought she was going to top herself at the end and then for some unexplained reason she immediately changed her mind - i didnt get that?

Me neither!