To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Kell

I have read To Kill a Mockingbird twice. Once when I was 12 or 13 and it pretty much all went over my head. I just recently read it again this past year and I loved it. The two plots come together perfectly at the end. It's a great novel that shows the terrible racism in the south during the 1800s.

In regards to it being banned in many schools, my school wanted to ban it because of some of the language and because it dealt with rape but my English teacher insisted that we were allowed to read the book. 

• 2 months later...

For me, this is one of those books that just gets better with every reading (sorry for coming to this post late!).

There are very few novels whose character names I actually remember - and I haven't picked this title up in 6 or 7 years now - but with Mockingbird, I remember the majority of them - Scout, Atticus, Jem, Boo... To me, this is a book that makes you think - without letting you know that you're actually thinking!