Ratcatcher by James McGee

Roman blood

I'm afraid that there really isn't enough information in your post for it to warrent being a review.. perhaps you would like to take a look at what some others have read, to get a better idea. Because of this, I have moved it to a different section.

Can I also please ask you to use capitals in your titles, and a little more punctuation in your posts, to make them a little easier to read.

Thanks! :)

• 5 years later...

I was looking through the bargain bucket on bookdepository and came across James McGee's Bow Street Runner Matthew Hawkwood -series. Ratcatcher is the first on in the series: "A gripping historical thriller introducing Bow Street Runner Matthew Hawkwood - a sexy, dangerous and fascinating hero who hunts down thieves, spies and murderers in the crime-ridden streets of Regency London."

I kinda like the sound of these books for some reason :shrug: Has anyone read the books and liked them?

Quoting from Amazon:

Editorial Reviews Review

'"Ratcatcher" has everything: duels and derring-do, London highlife and lowlife, French lechery and treachery -- all contained in a fast-moving, cleverly constructed plot with an immaculately detailed historical background. Add a hero who is ruthless, mysterious and sexy, and it's a safe bet that "Ratcatcher" marks the start of a series that will run and run and run'

Reginald Hill

'"Ratcatcher" is a richly enjoyable and impressively researched novel -- also very gripping. James McGee is clearly a rising star in the historical galaxy and I look
forward to Hawkwood's return.'

Andrew Taylor, author of 'The American Boy'

"

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking through the bargain bucket on bookdepository and came across James McGee's Bow Street Runner Matthew Hawkwood -series. Ratcatcher is the first on in the series: "A gripping historical thriller introducing Bow Street Runner Matthew Hawkwood - a sexy, dangerous and fascinating hero who hunts down thieves, spies and murderers in the crime-ridden streets of Regency London."

I kinda like the sound of these books for some reason :shrug: Has anyone read the books and liked them?

Quoting from Amazon:

Editorial Reviews

Review

'"Ratcatcher" has everything: duels and derring-do, London highlife and lowlife, French lechery and treachery -- all contained in a fast-moving, cleverly constructed plot with an immaculately detailed historical background. Add a hero who is ruthless, mysterious and sexy, and it's a safe bet that "Ratcatcher" marks the start of a series that will run and run and run'

Reginald Hill

'"Ratcatcher" is a richly enjoyable and impressively researched novel -- also very gripping. James McGee is clearly a rising star in the historical galaxy and I look

forward to Hawkwood's return.'

Andrew Taylor, author of 'The American Boy'

"

I have ratcatcher on my shelf, but am yet to read it.