Sign in to follow this  
User007

ORIGIN!

I am planning to buy the latest DAN BROWN outing, ORIGIN!

Has anyone read it? Should I buy a copy or lend a copy?

Is it worth adding to the collection?

Hello and welcome to the board.

Origin isn't Dan Brown's latest book, it's the fifth in a series of seven - so far - featuring the character Robert Langdon. 

I haven't read it so can't comment on the book itself but whether or not you should buy it or borrow it is a question that only you can answer, I'm afraid.

Thank you for the reply.

I was thinking about what @Hayley has said. I will go with this option. 

I remember the INFERNO. I bought it as soon as it hit the market. But didn't live up to the expectation. I am not saying that it is a bad book. But within the Langdon series, Inferno gets the least rating from me. Having said that. I wish to confess that I own hardcover copies of all the Langdon series books. Reading has been a joy for me. I don't remember at what age I started reading the books. But it was in my college days, that I started collecting books for my COLLECTION. I do own a single copy of all the books I have read. Reading helps me forget all the stress. Since I have been employed as a programmer in ai services and machine learning reading helped me escape from the boredom of this long sitting desk job. The collection is quite big. I don't remember how many I have on my shelf. But it's pretty big and I take pride in it. 

So, I will borrow one from my friend to read it. Later I can buy it for the collection.