It's so dang hot! It's so hot that I find that I don't have much appetite. This isn't a good thing as I'm Type II diabetic. I love summer fruits and veggies but too much can raise my blood sugar up. Last night I didn't eat dinner, I ate bowls of watermelon, popcorn, and a snicker bar. Yeah, dumb! I've got to get interested in healthier foods but when I'm too hot, I get bored and eat what's quick.

What do YOU eat when it's too hot to breathe?

1 hour ago, Virginia said:

It's so dang hot! It's so hot that I find that I don't have much appetite. This isn't a good thing as I'm Type II diabetic. I love summer fruits and veggies but too much can raise my blood sugar up. Last night I didn't eat dinner, I ate bowls of watermelon, popcorn, and a snicker bar. Yeah, dumb! I've got to get interested in healthier foods but when I'm too hot, I get bored and eat what's quick.

What do YOU eat when it's too hot to breathe?

I'm type II diabetic too. My blood sugar was just high enough to be so diagnosed but I brought it down again by diet. I have to stay that way for a year and then I'm signed off. I get tested again in September, so plenty of time. I absolutely loathe hot weather and am thanking my lucky stars that the heat wave occurring in England just now is not affecting us here in Scotland. I go off my food in the extreme heat too. And pretty much everything else. I really need to work harder at losing weight (the cause of my diabetes) and the heat is a valid reason to do that.

I like healthy food too but I eat when I'm bored and it's usually what I can get my hands on.

Best of luck to you. 

We were too hot to cook yesterday too. I had sweet potato crackers (new discovery for me - they’re so nice but a bit too expensive at full price!) and realised they tasted like nachos so I dipped them in salsa. Today is supposed to be even hotter…

I would definitely have had watermelon if it didn’t require walking to the shop though. I love watermelon when it’s hot. 

It's salad, salad, salad here... and I always keep bottles of cold tap water in the fridge. My laptop has just informed me that it's 38.5°C (101°F) so I'd n=better call the dog in who is catching some sun.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Hayley said:

We were too hot to cook yesterday too. I had sweet potato crackers (new discovery for me - they’re so nice but a bit too expensive at full price!) and realised they tasted like nachos so I dipped them in salsa. Today is supposed to be even hotter…

I would definitely have had watermelon if it didn’t require walking to the shop though. I love watermelon when it’s hot. 

Waterloo Flavors | Sparkling Water Flavors | New & Limited Time (drinkwaterloo.cWaterloo Watermelon Can

Edited by muggle not

54 minutes ago, muggle not said:

Ooooh I bet that is lovely. I would definitely try passion fruit, blackberry lemonade and peach too! I don't think we have it in the UK though :wibbly:.

2 hours ago, France said:

My laptop has just informed me that it's 38.5°C (101°F) so I'd n=better call the dog in who is catching some sun.

It's only 30 here and I feel like I'm melting! This is the first time our dog has experienced heat like this. I set up a fan for her in the living room and she's been lying in front of it all afternoon!

One thing I do like in the heat (which I remembered I had in the fridge today) is celery. Sprinkled with a bit of salt, which I always want more of when it's hot!

Salad, salad, salad here too! But it’s limited with tomatoes & lettuce etc.

Did enjoy cold pasta, deli pulled ham hock and a dressing of 0% strained Greek yogurt & red pesto.

I’m on a diet (2 stone lost since March and 2 more stones to loose) plus I’m borderline type 2 diabetes, so it’s hello to the Mediterranean diet and 1,000 calories per day!

On 6/17/2022 at 12:25 PM, Hayley said:

Ooooh I bet that is lovely. I would definitely try passion fruit, blackberry lemonade and peach too! I don't think we have it in the UK though :wibbly:.

I

Waterloo Sparkling Water is a fairly new product and is just now being released in many stores in the U.S. I bought two 8 packs, one of the Blackberry Lemonade and the other of Cherry Limeade. I haven't tried them yet as I just put them in the fridge to get cold. I am anxious to see how they taste. :)

On 6/16/2022 at 11:07 AM, lunababymoonchild said:

I'm type II diabetic too. My blood sugar was just high enough to be so diagnosed but I brought it down again by diet. I have to stay that way for a year and then I'm signed off. I get tested again in September, so plenty of time. I absolutely loathe hot weather and am thanking my lucky stars that the heat wave occurring in England just now is not affecting us here in Scotland. I go off my food in the extreme heat too. And pretty much everything else. I really need to work harder at losing weight (the cause of my diabetes) and the heat is a valid reason to do that.

I like healthy food too but I eat when I'm bored and it's usually what I can get my hands on.

Best of luck to you. 

Thanks, Luna! It's still a challenge but I'm going to push forward. We're about to become pescatarians. We love seafood and salads and I plan to incorporate way more veggies. And I've been forcing more water down my throat.